Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Calendar Wizard

Default Calendar Wizard

A couple of years ago I inquired about creating a calendar. It was suggested I use Calendar Wizard. That worked perfectly. I have not had a need for CW again until today. I opened CW and now it says it's a 'trial version' and does not give the output I need for a new document.

Any suggestions? I thought CW was part of Corel Draw suite(s). I have 9, 11 and X3.

Thanks so much
    IP

Default Re: Calendar Wizard

i don't have cd, but i do use the calendar wizard in Word

just go to File - New and a whole menu comes up with goodies, including the calendar wizard
    -=Bob=-
    IP

I'm using CD12 and the CW is just a script that comes with CD. Don't know about X3 but would have thought CD11 was the same.

Sark
    IP

There is a script that comes with the CorelDRAW 12 book via McGraw Hill Osborne book publishers.

It is rather hard to find off the bat on the web.

But here is the script.

There is a free trial of the calendar wizard you buy at oberonplace.com. Perhaps you downloaded that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I thank you all so much for your help.
    Here's my results:

I tried to run cw in CD11/CD12/CDx3 and the file is cw.gms and I get an error (script cw.gms contains an error and could not be run) so I tried going to my install disk and install vbs and whatever else I though I needed, although when I intially installed all 3 of these versions I usually choose everything except all the languages.
    Still same error.

I then went to Word and tried running the calendar wizard there and errored with something to the effect to insert MS Office with Front Page... well I tried that too and could not find the file so I went to the MS site/templates/calendar wizard and clicked on download and that worked but only for that one time. After I closed Word and tried to run calendar wizard again it had to go through the whole process again. Wonder why I cannot save the download from MS Office template page???

Well I'm still without a calendar wizard that I don't have to purchase. I don't mean to sound cheap but if CD is supposed to come with CW then why can't I run it? I've done a search on the error and the only Corel reference did not help so I did a search on .gms error and got a lot of results that I did not understand.

How frustrating... I finally created the calendar by hand. It is a 2 column calendar starting with Aug 2006 thru July 2007. I used a text box with right tabs. Worked very well but very time consuming.. oh well!!

Thanks again for your help. I'll check back here if any suggestions.
    IP

To InPhoenix, are you able to run other scripts? Have you tried to install the one I posted?

Perhaps the script you are trying to run in DRAW is for Microsoft products, but try the one I posted just above your last post, you and I probably were posting at the same time and you may have missed it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thank you Sally but I got the same error "script cw.gms contains an error and could not be run" after I unzipped the file you showed me and put it in the 'script' folder.

Also when I click on tools/script the pgm is looking for a .cst file and I have to use 'all files' to even see the gms file.

I don't think I have ever run a script in draw in the past 6 years. I did try someting like a mail merge in CD9 but never got that to work properly.

Hmmm...
    IP

inphoenix

Why don't you try "Wizard Create Calendar" VB Macro in Corel Draw X3?
    Bill
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Calendar Wizard

So... that's what .gms is all about. How wonderful. Works perfectly and I can even separate the months on the 12 month calendar. This is terrific.

I thank you all so much for your help. You are wonderful.

inphoenix
    IP