Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New site graphic-bank.com

Hi everyone, please take some time to look at my website, called www.graphic-bank.com

It is a new photo stock site, it is free and growing. The images are not all up to scratch, I had to throw in a load of holiday ones to bulk it up a bit. I would like you to tell me what you think of the layout and what improvements you think may help.

It is a site made for graphic designers, art students, someone just looking for that image.

Let me know how it goes.

Shane
    Webmaster for graphic-bank.com

Default Re: New site graphic-bank.com

aaawww kittens! I like your site-are you accepting gif animations , too?

Dont like the position of the top menu bar, I would prefer it to be lower down on your title header bar. I am not saying don't be different but many people expect it to be there and I do not think it looks right to the top of the page. With TFT's being so cheap now and so many people using higher res.. your flash movie for the page size is small and as the site is for stock photos it would be nice if you increased the size of the movie and I cant see why you would think that a road with at set of traffic lights in the movie will encourage many serious Photograhers to upload.

No matter what you think I am not having a serious go at your web design for I think you could quite easily improve the look by intoducing some of your better stock into your main home page flash movie like the white water rafting shots. I would recommend that you look to see how the market leaders use their home page to encourage ppeole to upload their photos as you must have spent time and effort on this site.
    Last edited by Albacore; 20 August 2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We are going to replace the flash image on the front of the site. Not sure what I can do about the links being at the top of the page as the menu buttons on the centre left would squash the embedded photos. I will try see if I can make it easier to navigate.

There are over 1000 images on the site now. We have had a few interested photographers so hopefully the site's content will grow in leaps and bounds.

Thanks again for the critique.

Shane
    www.graphic-bank.com