Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default inking using photo impact pro 8.5

how can i ink drawings in photo impact pro 8.5 & w/o getting white spots when i color it in
    Last edited by Rika24; 21 July 2006 at 03:28 PM.
    IP

Default Re: inking using photo impact pro 8.5

Sorry Rika!
    Can't help with this one but I'm sure that Grafixman or Sally may be able to assist when they come along.
    Posting an example of your problem would be a help though?
    Welcome to TalkGraphics
    IP

Perhaps you were using the paintbucket to fill areas with colors, which would give you white spots on some areas that are blurred or anti-aliased. Paintbuckets works this way, unfortunately, and adjusting the tolerance can only get you so far.
    The common method for inking linearts is to turn your black and white lineart into an object layer, set the layer mode to multiply, deselect the layer and paint on the underlying canvas with the paintbrush tool. This would give you more control and still have your lineart and color layers separate. For large areas, I often also use the 2d path tools to create sections of solid colors. Convert the path object to image object if you want to paint it with the paintbrushes. Just remember to keep your lineart layer on top of everything...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman
    Perhaps you were using the paintbucket to fill areas with colors, which would give you white spots on some areas that are blurred or anti-aliased. Paintbuckets works this way, unfortunately, and adjusting the tolerance can only get you so far.
    The common method for inking linearts is to turn your black and white lineart into an object layer, set the layer mode to multiply, deselect the layer and paint on the underlying canvas with the paintbrush tool. This would give you more control and still have your lineart and color layers separate. For large areas, I often also use the 2d path tools to create sections of solid colors. Convert the path object to image object if you want to paint it with the paintbrushes. Just remember to keep your lineart layer on top of everything...
    the only color it allows is black & white & it isn't letting me convert the lineart part to image. (u do mean convert the top layer to image right? or is it the bottom?)
    Last edited by Rika24; 22 July 2006 at 07:16 PM.
    IP

Hmmm, it's hard for me to visualize your situation....
    Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your workspace, with the lineart?
    The only situation where you only get black and white colors only is if you were in a 1 bit B&W mode. Perhaps you scanned in your lineart in this mode. Then you'd have to convert the image color depth to RGB 24 bit to have access to all the colors and tools.
    IP

yeah that is the problem it's 8 bit grayscale. how can i change it to color?
    IP

On the lower right hand corner there should be a box beside the i icon where you can switch the color depth of the image.
    Here is a link to a site with a picture of it.
    http://www.digital-fotofusion.co.uk/...t_your_co.html
    Except in your case, you are switching from grayscale to RGB.

Phil's site is a great one to bookmark, specially if you're into digital photography...
    Lot's of invaluable info on the tutorial section.
    Last edited by Grafixman; 23 July 2006 at 04:00 PM.
    IP

cool, thanks it worked
    IP