Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hi XARA Team - the chainsaw for your nerves is back :-)

First of all: XARA X does NOT have any problems with fonts when running under W2K Pro. That's the good news.

Now the bad news:
    When I create text, add a 4 pix bevel, a shadow, fit the whole text to a curve and export it as a TIF with 24bit, I am getting ugly artefacts in the bevels :-/

There is no difference if I select a lower resolution - I tried 300, 200 and 96 dpi.

See first example on top (if you need the original TIF for crucial examination, let me know).

Second run: no modification after adding the bevel and shadow - nice result as it should be (see second sample).

OK, then I tried another approach: text, fit text to curve, add bevel, add shadow, export as TIF again.
    Result: except for some minor artefacts in the 'W' it turned out to be really nice (see last sample).

The reason might be how XARA treats the bevels (pixel graphic versus vector graphic). But maybe I am totally off the track.

Not really a bug, and once you know you have to apply the bevels at the end of a process, I guess we all can live with it.

Best regards,
    [img]null[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wave01.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	8736  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hi XARA Team - the chainsaw for your nerves is back :-)

First of all: XARA X does NOT have any problems with fonts when running under W2K Pro. That's the good news.

Now the bad news:
    When I create text, add a 4 pix bevel, a shadow, fit the whole text to a curve and export it as a TIF with 24bit, I am getting ugly artefacts in the bevels :-/

There is no difference if I select a lower resolution - I tried 300, 200 and 96 dpi.

See first example on top (if you need the original TIF for crucial examination, let me know).

Second run: no modification after adding the bevel and shadow - nice result as it should be (see second sample).

OK, then I tried another approach: text, fit text to curve, add bevel, add shadow, export as TIF again.
    Result: except for some minor artefacts in the 'W' it turned out to be really nice (see last sample).

The reason might be how XARA treats the bevels (pixel graphic versus vector graphic). But maybe I am totally off the track.

Not really a bug, and once you know you have to apply the bevels at the end of a process, I guess we all can live with it.

Best regards,
    [img]null[/img]
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--