Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3D Look

Default 3D Look

I have followed this http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial...ome-Text/10152 tutorial. It was made using psp 7 and I have psp x v10.03
    I don't think some of the keys work in the newest version that did in the old or I'm just missing something. Anyhow if you have a look at section 4 and 5 you can see that the pic changes to look 3d. How do I get that look ?? Because in doing what he says about the keys it's not working out like it's suppose to. Thanx guys
    IP

Default Re: 3D Look

I guess you could always email the guy and ask him.

For one, he broke the unwritten rule when giving a tutorial; that is, never use keyboard shortcuts if you don't explain what they are.

Ctrl+Shift+F is just defloating a floating selection.

Control + Down is simply a movement that will put your object down 10 pixels I think, don't remember exactly.

Control + Left arrow will move an object 1 pixel left.

Similarily, Control + Right or Control + Up or Control + Down will move in those directions 1 pixel.

I think he left out instructions or got the instructions out of order that you need to duplicate the layer each time you move it.

This way you will get a duplicate of the layer and simulate a 3D look.

The example image attached is an example of Control + Down pressed five times.

What he did with the tutorial is quite nice though. You can achieve the same effect as long as you realize that you are just stacking text (de-floated text). Then making an inverted selection of the objects onto a nice background that simulates a mirror image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control down.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	27891  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 20 July 2006 at 04:15 AM.
    IP

Yea that is what I was thinking about the rule he should have said what it does or atleast put how to do the same thing using the program menu. Ok so when I do mine I'll have to duplicate each time I push CTRL+Down ?? Then I'll have to merge all layers visible ?? Thanx for your reply.
    Last edited by DarkLogan; 20 July 2006 at 11:37 AM.
    IP

I cant get it to give that 3d look. The moving it down part isnt working there for it dont give it the look its suppose to have.
    IP

Well, not sure what is exactly happening there. You may want to email the guy that provided the tutorial. I don't know what he may have left out or failed to mention in the tutorial.
    IP