Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prestatyn, Denbighshire, North Wales Coast, UK

Default This Page Is Not Currently Live

Hi Everyone

Problem!!!!!

I have been using Frontpage for quite some time now but have never been able to do drop down menus as I do not know HTML

I looked at MenuMaker and it looks like my prayers had been answered

I have used the video tutorial, everything is loaded properly...Integration, Menumaker, Add Ins etc.

I have done a great nav bar but!!!!!

When click on my page where I want to put the nav bar and the go into insert then menumaker ... the following message keeps popping up

Menumaker cannot alter the contents of this page as it is currently live
    To alter the page either save it and alter the saved version or load the original [if it is advisable]

This also happens in Webstyle

I have emailed support 5 times over the last 8 days but they have not answered as yet [Crap after service]

While using the trial version, I really want to purchase the full version [Menumaker or Webstyle] but their lack of support to me is a disgrace and is putting me off purchasing

I could do with another WYSIWYG program

HELP ME PLEASE ON MY MENUMAKER PROBLEM then give me some program names other than xara

By the way...I found their telephone number in the United Kingdom [Hemel Hempstead]

And Hey!!!!!!! they do not answer the phone !!!!

Help will be much appreciated

Thank You In Advance

Tony

Default Re: This Page Is Not Currently Live

Please use the search function of this forum with the searchstring "menumaker live". It seems, there is a thread with a solution called "Menu Maker won't work in FP 2K".

Regards,
    Remi

I wrote a short tutorial, it's unedited so forgive the grammar. I was going to put it on my Website, but have gotten busy with real world stuff. Hopefully it will help Frontpage Users.

From the Beginning with Webstyle and Frontpage:

• Open up FrontPage and Make an Empty Web you should see this in the folder view, no html files or anything from Xara Webstyle.
    • Why? Because we haven't asked Webstyle to do anything.
    • Okay, go back to Page View, choose File, New/Page or Web/Blank Page
    • Let's start with Webstyle and map out our Web and pages, but first, since this is the first page of your web, save it as index.html
    • Start with a heading since it's at the top of the page.
    • And instead of letting Webstyle calling it your_heading, let's call it index.
    • Now save the project. Save it as a new project in our FP folder where our webpage is.
    • My folder for this FP project is under
    • c:\documents and settings\name\My Documents\My Webs\My Webstyle FP
    • notice that (pagesindex) has a gif and the index.htm in it.
    • Once the gif is in your page, you can resize, align it, cut, copy, paste, etc. just like any other graphic.
    • You can't change the attributes, like color, background or the letters.
    • So, let's do that, change the lettering, I like the color.
    • Double click the Your heading Text GIF in Normal view and it will take you back to webstyle.
    • Once in Webstyle, click on Text and you will be presented with the Text modification area.
    • I'm happy with the colors I'm just going to change what the text says. So, let's do that.
    • I made my text changes,let's see what it looks like in FP, click save/save&exit.
    • Now we are back in FrontPage, let's look at the heading.(headingmodified.gif) Looks Marvelous!
    • Hmm, looks a tad large. so I double click and choose size in webstyle. I'll make it 300x64. save/save&exit. That's better!
    • I added a really funky background to help people stay awake at night!
    • But wait! My heading has funky jagged edges in this background! Not a problem. Double click the heading, this goes back to webstyle. Click on background, choose plain background. save/save&exit ta da! Problem solved.
    • Anyway, the point of all of the above is to make sure when you start a project in FrontPage is that you establish a Web first. Make a page and callit what you wish. When you use your WebStyle plugin, all you are doing is modifying graphics, nothing more.
    • Now, the first time you call up Webstyle for a new Web Project, make double sure that you save your graphics in the exact same folder as your FrontPage Web is located. If you don't, it won't work.
    • WebStyle won't make the webpage for you or know where you want the graphics placed, you have to tell it where by clicking your mouse on the spot. If you are not sure right away where you want your graphic and change your mind later, you can cut and paste it to place it where you want.

The key objectives for this lesson were:

1. Make a Web or WebPage in FrontPage first.
    2. Open up a page view and then use the WebStyle Plugin to select the graphic you wish to use. (example: Heading.)
    3. After you select the graphic in WebStyle, make sure you make a New Project and change the name to same name as your WebSite (WebPages.) It's just easier to track that way.
    4. Save the new project in exactly the same folder as your FrontPage New WebProject is being placed.
    5. Remember that WebStyle just adds graphics. It doesn't know where you want to store your files or place the graphics. You have to do that.

Note, if you move the contents of your Webstyle menus/navbars and etc., take a look at my other post.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...43&postcount=6

When you move, there will be a main gif file and button files, with an 'over' button.gif with right and left button gifs and one javascript for every Webstyle item added.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 19 July 2006 at 01:14 PM.

Thank You Very Much Remi

Tony

Thank You Very Much..JamesMC

I have practically got it...it works in design then preview,,but when I publish the site, all the nav bars dis-appear..

never mind..I will carry on regardless LOL

Tony

JamesMC

Cheers

I was not saving it in the right place....Done now and works

Trouble is!!!!!!!!

I have 25 pages and each page has a link to all the other pages

If I make a Template page with all links etc working, am I right in thinking that I can keep putting the template page up then re-naming

Cheers

Tony

Once again....Many Thanks From North Wales..UK

www.flintshirefreeze.co.uk

My local Ice Hockey Club

Re-naming a Web page works or should.

You can also copy and paste styles/navbars and etc. with simple cut and paste.

BTW, on my mother's side of the family, there were some Baptists that originated from Radnorshire, Wales (not sure of the spelling.) They came to the 'Colonies' of Massachussetts in the 1680s.