Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Transferring menus to new computer

I am on the verge of leaving Webstyle behind. I don't know why it is so damn difficult to move projects from one computer to another, but every time I do this, it's like having a root canal. Support docs are awful. I have three websites that have their own Webstyle menus. What the hell do I need to transfer for them to continue seeing these files.

Sorry to rant...but this is the stupidest feature of the product. NO reason it should be this hard.

Default Re: Transferring menus to new computer

The Files and Transfer Settings for Windows XP didn't work? (assuming you have WinXP.)

It's supposed to transfer folders and thinks like email in tact from one computer to another. What I usually did, is loaded up my new hard disk in the old computer and transferred the files that I wanted.

There are also commercial programs that do this. They vary in price from 20-60 dollars US.

All I'm talking about is moving the Xara Webstyle projects over. For my menus, buttons, etc. I saw a link about transferring the "WSTemplates" folder over. I did that and I can see my projects now...except they're all greyed out...so I can't use them.

Hmm, dunno then. I thought the File Transfer Wizard would work for you. I'm pretty sure you can pick specific files, but if that's not work I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filetransfer.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	27882  

Ok...you're not understanding my question. I'm not asking HOW to transfer. I'm needing to know EXACTLY which files to transer, EXACTLY where to put them and how to get them working in Frontpage 2002 again.

I've gotten what I think I need to transfer over, but when i go to edit my projects, I CAN see them but all the options to change text, size, etc are greyed out.

I see.

Well, I think these are the files you will need. I will use an example from my computer as I have FP2002 and use Webstyle.

I think is what you wanted to know, if not let me know. That's how I did it with some older files made in Webstyle stored in another folder. This is all located in my Frontpage folder for this Web and Webpage. In this case, these files will be transfered to a new folder, in a new Web located in Frontpage on your new computer. My network is down for some reason, so I can't test this transfer, but it should work.

The example below shows the menu graphic itself, showing 5 buttons, represented by:
    indextest_b1.gif through indextest_b5.gif along with indextest_left.gif and indextest_right.gif. The indextest.js is the javascript file which makes it all work. The rest are just graphic (GIF) files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transfer.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	27883  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 19 July 2006 at 04:23 AM.