Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question Adobe Streamline...... Is there a similiar software?

Does anyone know if there is a software similiar to Adobe streamline? for tracing flattened images to outline which can be re-worked on illustrator.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Adobe Streamline...... Is there a similiar software?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'flattened'. Xara Xtreme has a powerful bitmap tracing program. (converts bitmaps to editable shapes so Xara Vectors can work on it.) In addition it has Special Effects with things like, isolate points, edge detection (horizontal and vertical), 45 degree to -45 degree detection, Laplacian, Dialation, Roberts Cross. The tracer itself has smoothing, remove noise, color tolerance finder, accuracy and etc.

The newer Adobe Illustrator packages come with Live Trace or something like that.

Corel Draw has some sort of tracing program, always had I think. At least it did way back in version 4. Wasn't very good back then though.

If you're interested to learn some details about the Bitmap tracer of Xara Xtreme, please look at the Tutorial called Xara Bitmap Tracer vs Adobe Live Trace.

Xara Xtreme is a powerful Vector graphics editor and supports PDF and Adobe Illustrator Export.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 16 July 2006 at 07:03 PM.

Hi! thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not explaining properly. I mean something that would trace the outline of an jpeg clipart into a vector graphic, so that it can be re-worked/ edited on illustrator.

Xara xtreme seems like the software I'm looking for. Is it good and quite easy to use?

I have used the adobe ilustrator live trace but didn't give an precise outline of the shape.

Well, let's just say there are a lot of Adobe Illustrator converts. People keep their AI, but it so much easier work flow to do it in Xara.

The bitmap tracer will do what you ask, go ahead and download a trial copy at xara.com. Watch the movies and if you need further assistance with Xtreme, talkgraphics is the place to be

Corel purchased KPT awhile back. The KPT Knock Out product is still available.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047022702205

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?