Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have scanned many many documents. All of a sudden I wondered why it was taking this job hours to print on the HP LJ4550 color laser. The Docs are black and white and I'm filling in blanks for a friend. These are forms. Using Corel 9 Win 98SE

I imported and printed from my other computer using HP LJ 1100 and Corel 11 and Win XP.

On the CD 9 puter the doc prints fine but takes hours.
    On the CD 11 puter the doc prints solid black except where I put a white box to change titles of application forms for different job apps.

Any ideas?
    IP

I have scanned many many documents. All of a sudden I wondered why it was taking this job hours to print on the HP LJ4550 color laser. The Docs are black and white and I'm filling in blanks for a friend. These are forms. Using Corel 9 Win 98SE

I imported and printed from my other computer using HP LJ 1100 and Corel 11 and Win XP.

On the CD 9 puter the doc prints fine but takes hours.
    On the CD 11 puter the doc prints solid black except where I put a white box to change titles of application forms for different job apps.

Any ideas?
    IP

Hi Marie,
    I assume you scanned the form at 200-300dpi as a JPG or TIF image ... then imported into CorelDRAW and added text ... and are now attempting to print.

One thing you might try is EXPORT the CorelDRAW file as a TIF image and re-IMPORT into CorelDRAW to print. This will eliminate any formatting the printer is not interpreting correctly.

Hope this helps.

-Ed.
    IP

Thank you so much, Ed. I'll try that tomorrow. It's pretty late now and I'm not getting any email notifications to replies. I'm not used to this new forum format and maybe I've done something wrong for notifications but the "On" is bolded at the bottom of this teeny tiny window... I always have to drag it larger because in the beginning of this new layout I could never find the "Post Now" link. hahahaha
    Marie
    IP

Ed,
    I tried your suggestion and the O/P is still all solid black except where I put in a white rectangle(s) to print over original doc.
    If I print from Corel 9 it's ok on the 98 computer but Corel 11 on XP Pro is bad.
    Same file.

I still don't get email notification on responses to this thread.
    IP

Marie,
    You've got me a little baffled. I can't believe the TIFF image wouldn't print from CorelDRAW 11 ... did you try importing another bitmap image and printing it? I wonder if there is a patch on Corel's site that might update the print output. You might also download the latest driver for your printer ... sometimes that fixes the problem.

Notifications -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notification.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	2420  
    IP

Well Ed, I finally found the notifications screen you showed me. Thank you so much. I deleted everything I had there and started over. I did choose the 'add notification' and then clicked Notifications from off to on for this reply.

As far as the driver on XP/CD11 HP1100 I cannot change that driver as I use that driver to remotely send printouts to my print shop (PDQ Printers here in Phoenis) so I don't have to manually deliver camera ready o/p to them. I use a pgm called Line Link, out of Texas and Procomm. I'll try some other .tif objects to see how they print. I'll even try re-scanning on the XP machine to see what happens. Maybe I'll just have to leave the job on only one computer and try not to migrate the files. I was getting a faster o/p on the printer using XP but if it's all black the wait on CD9 will be worth the wait.

Hope I'm not confusing you more. And, hope I get an email notification on this.

Thanks so much for 'sticking' with me on this.

Marie
    IP

Hi Marie,
    Actually, I think the NOTIFICATIONS info I gave you was totally incorrect ... so NEVERMIND. I have the opposite problem, TOO MANY notifications filling up my inbox. Probably due to my overly prolific posting.

I'm sorry I was no help regarding the print problem. If printing another .tif doesn't work let me know. You might also try another format. Something in the back of my mind remembers a .tif printing problem with a certain HP printer.

-Ed.
    IP