Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Genius I definitely am not http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif. If I had .001% the talent of Dmitry, I'll be writing a plug-in to do this. Tenacious would be a better description.
    Here's as good as I can get it in Draw:
    Create a two point line segment. Collapse it into a single point by aligning the two nodes vertically and horizontally. Duplicate then make a 999-step blend.
    Fit this blend along the total lenght of the path.
    Ungroup all and measure the distance between any two points along the dots running along the path. You may have to zoom in very close for this. Multiply the measurement between any two adjacent points by 1000.
    There are still slight variations with this method. I tried measuring it by sampling different parts of a curved line. It's only accurate to +- 1mm or so. I guess Draw can only measure that small, or the blending process is not perfectly equidistant.
    IP

Hello Ejko!
    And welcome to our Forum,-----and sorry Ed, the dimension tool can measure curves too, and without this tool you can know too how the length of your curve in the property dialog of this curve, i will attach JPEG to explain that to you, hope that help.
    Regards...
    Lord(Mohamed)
    IP

Hi Lord,

I hate to "differ" with you ... but the dimension tool is only measuring from point A to point B ... not the distance ALONG the curve ... which is what Ejko was asking for. To prove my point go back to your drawing and using the bezier tool grab the middle of your curved line and stretch it upwards a good distance ... then look to see if the value (106,78 Millimeter) changes ... my guess is that it will not.

-Ed.
    IP

Hi

It's not much, but since CorelDRAW 9 there has been a built in function to measure the length of Curves via scripting or VBA

I wrote a simple wrapper to put around this function.

You can get it from my home page, link to it should still be in my signature.

It hasn't been updated for Draw 12 yet, but it is a simple matter to edit the .CSC file in notepad and change the line first line of the program to CorelDRAW.Automation.12

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thank you, Peter Clifton!
    There is the hard way (my brute force, no brainer, grossly inaccurate approach) and there is the easy way (which I'll be using from now on).
    I'm just a simple graphics guy and I stand in awe at what you people do. It's also good that you're willing to share them for free.
    Thanks again http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif.
    IP

Thank you Peter http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif Works great with CorelDRAW 12.

Ejko,
    If you are still around ... go to Peter's site and download "CurveCalc" to a directory on your hard drive. Open your CorelDRAW drawing and go to TOOLS, RUN SCRIPT ... browse to the CSC file you downloaded and hit open. You should see something like this.

-Ed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CurveCalc.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	1940  
    IP

Or copy and paste it in the script folder in Draw's directory. Run script seems to default to this and it would make finding it easier. Everybody should have this one. Really useful.
    IP

I thank you all very much for your effort, it is great to meet so many friendly people willing to help.
    IP