Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: The very first thread

Hey sally you learned to play so many instruments? Wow I only play three... guitare, sax and a recorder... oh and I can play very well with one's nerves that's for sure

Anyway, RedWombat kind of got my point about apps but for me it's still easier to learn other software if I've already learned one. I kinda understand the logic behind it.

About Illustrator and adobe programs in general. There are disadvantages and advantages of their own. Illustrator is an industrial software, and as being such you can reuse objects. Something you cannot do in Xara.

Macromedia is working with objects, which is terrific, since if I'm working on a book for example, I can use the same object over and over again.

In adobe programs you can create layouts. So maybe it will take more time to really make the gradient you want, but then you can store it and reuse it. I've rarely seen a layout that needs to be very original. All magazines and books, flyers and such has all the same concept, so I can create a symbol or a style depending on a program, and then reuse it.

I think that Xara lacks few things that still puts it behind:

1. Multipages
    2. Styles/symbols
    3. better text handeling.

These three things will improve greatly Xara's usage. For me anyway.
    Xara is meant for drawing. It's great at what it's supposed to do. But that's not what I need mostly. So I use either freehand or Illustrator. Preferably Freehand since it's the most common software to use in here, and because it has multipages.
    Last edited by Availor; 16 July 2006 at 08:54 PM.
    IP