Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default alignment / justification issue with nav bar

Hello,

When I import a navbar (into FP2003) I am unable to type any text at all to the right of the menu bar. The whole area to the right side of the page is blacked out from any text or image editing. I tried to change the traits of the menu bar in webstyle but the options are greyed out, it just says left justified. So no matter where I want the menu bar it always pops up to the left most side of the screen in frontpage and the space to the right is unusable. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Default Re: alignment / justification issue with nav bar

Well I fixed that problem by using layers for my nav bars. But now none of the objects imported through Webstyle are showing up on the published page. Not the nav bars, and not the dividers (which were not in layers but just simply on the page.) Everything shows up great in front page in both the regular and browser preview, but online its all jacked up. Any advice?

Thanks

Well, I've got everything displaying, but now the scaling is all screwed up because I'm using absolute positioning in the layers. As we know absolute positioning of anything in frontpage is not good for varying resolutions. If I turn it to relative positioning I lose the ability to type text next to the nav bars. How can I type text next to my nav bars, (or wherever I want to in reference to them) and not have my scaling all assed up with varying resolutions?

thanks

Why not draw a two column table with no border width? You can also just the cell alignment where you want the menu item and text to go.