Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Thumbnails

Default Thumbnails

I put some pictures to a web page using webstyle 4. Some where .GIF and others .JPG. Everything was allright and I put the page on the server. Whem accessing it with the browser (IEx 7) only the .GIF expands normaly with the click. The .JPG only shows a blank window. Can anybody explain me wjat is happening?

Default Re: Thumbnails

Hi NChaves,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about what may be causing that behaviour. Have you checked the security settings in IE 7?

Which Beta version of IE 7 are you using? Beta 3 was released a few days ago and has some bug fixes and security changes.

I am assuming your .gif and .jpg files are in the same folder, I've accidentally used the incorrect path when I have them in different folders. This allowed one to show correctly and the other to malfunction.
    Last edited by Soquili; 10 July 2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Hi NChaves,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about what may be causing that behaviour. Have you checked the security settings in IE 7?

Which Beta version of IE 7 are you using? Beta 3 was released a few days ago and has some bug fixes and security changes.

I am assuming your .gif and .jpg files are in the same folder, I've accidentally used the incorrect path when I have them in different folders. This allowed one to show correctly and the other to malfunction.
    Hi Soquili,
    Thanks for your attentiom. I`m using IEx 7 beta 3. All pictures are in the same directory and the security settings are ok. If you want to see what is happening you can go www.asefex.com.br, then fotos. Then go to Cadim wher thera are the same pictures in gif and jpg, and only the gig oppens when we click the thumbnails. I cabt understand what are happenig

NChaves, I'm getting a "Page not found Error" when I click on the thumbnail for the jpg image. After clicking on the thumbnail a few times the pop up windows no longer displays the 404 "Page not found Error" but it does display the image placeholder (small square with red x inside).

I don't see any errors in the javascript in your web page.

The 001.gif image is found without problem, but the 001.jpg file isn't.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, the problem is, there is no jpg-image available under your URL
    http://www.asefex.com.br/Fotos/Cadim/001.jpg

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi
    Yes, the problem is, there is no jpg-image available under your URL
    http://www.asefex.com.br/Fotos/Cadim/001.jpg

Regards,
    Remi
    I thimk you solved the problem. Both pictures are in www.asefex.com.br.cadim, but, I donīt know why, the extension jpg were .JPG. When I rema,ed the file to 001.jpg, it worked without problem. Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Nilo Chaves