Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash tutorial test - no laught!

First of all.... If you laught, giggle, snizzle, sneeze, squint your nose or anything of that kind... I'll gonna bust your... I've spent 4 hours trying to record and upload this!

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a normal host and create a permanant link to video tutorials.

Take a peek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxxorT1cZY
    IP

Default Re: Flash tutorial test - no laught!

Hello Availor,

No giggles, snizzles or titters! Firstly it's great to HEAR you. Having chatted across the net for approx. 2 years I finally get to hear your voice. It's all very refreshing and broadens the forum experience.

Unfortunately, like most other tutorials on YouTube, I find the size almost impossible to view. It's like looking down a tunnel to the far end. I can see the overall screen shot but I can't see what names your typing in the layers gallery, nor what Action Script your entering.

Are you recording this at say twice the viewable screen area and having YouTube reduce the video size down?

I know you spent 4 hours doing this, but it's great fun. It's very informative and far better than a dry old text based tutorial. We get to hear Availor for the first time.

Thanks a lot.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Yeah, Availor broadcasting with a Russian - Hebrew Accent
    So I am a real person after all... Anyway, I've been long planning to make video tutorials.

Now I need a server that I will be able to upload them.

It's so obvious to me, that I don't realize that people actually know nothing about me but my nickname (You do know that "Availor" is not a real name).

I hope that with the help of some people in here we will be able to create our own forum tutorials that will draw more people, and provide more interest and help.
    IP

Ok Here is another one!! Small size and took me only several minutes to make (I am improving)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVeQPwmwG6I
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Hello Availor,

Unfortunately, like most other tutorials on YouTube, I find the size almost impossible to view. It's like looking down a tunnel to the far end. I can see the overall screen shot but I can't see what names your typing in the layers gallery, nor what Action Script your entering.

Thanks a lot.
    I hope I am not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs Egg
    but there is a sizing screen button on Youtube as shown below ,if this is not what you need I apologise.
    P.S. Just realised there is a pun unintended there," suck eggs Egg," perish the thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fullscreen.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	27546  
    IP

Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIItzCCATk

Tell me what you think
    IP

Well here's the last one I made... I'm trying to create a library of video tutorials. I hope this will catch up and inspire more users to submit more tutorials.

I know these suck, but there are several reasons for that:
    1. I don't have actual practice with English, so I guess that I'll improve on that
    2. The only place I found I can place those are youtube, which limit me to 10 minutes of broadcast and a very small resolution.
    3. My files are extremely large. If I found a way to keep them smaller, like on Xara.com I think this can be revolutionary.

Anyway, here it is...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Ia7Xgi2SA
    IP

Hello Availor,

I'm not sure, how to say it: I saw all four videos and I honour your idea to create short tutorial videos, really. Perhaps my claim is too high, but in my opinion this videos shows a lack of a clear concept. It isn't really fun, to listen to a video without knowing exactly, what is shown in the video. I think, you should explain first, what you're trying to explain. The second point is, that the quality of a tutorial depends on a good planning and a eloborateness realisation. Whatever tool you're using: each tool permits a adjustment of your captured video to correct mistakes and avoid a confusion of your listeners.

Perhaps the key to a succesful video tutorial is, when you think about it like a lecture in the university.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 08 July 2006 at 10:51 PM.
    IP

remi, I know that the vdeos are bad it was just a test.
    I'll improve, and once I find a better host I'll submit a full-size videos.
    IP