Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Battle Tank

Threaded View

Default Re: Battle Tank

Hi Pawel,
    Experience comes from experimentation, patience, trial and error.
    You should try looking through this X3D forum for past projects. Try to do and understand the posts that you see. Also, if I were you, at this early stage, don't bother with anything like the tank nor any of Mike Simsmj's designs, they are far ahead of even me.
    X3D was not designed to do fancy things like tanks. If you look at Mike's threads you will quickly learn that he creates by problem solving and pushing back the 'barriers', not by following rules or manuals. If you can not think like he thinks, then you will have to spend much longer at reaching his level by following his 'rules' and 'manuals'. If you can not innovate, then I think that you will have problems with this software.

The tank uses the ripple animation, where the 'Frames per cycle' should be set to something like 5, and towards the top of the screen the 'Timeline' 'Frame rate' should be something like 2/5. The objects are postioned using the 'amplitude' % value (in the ripple animation section).
    Lastly if you stop using the 'page break' most of your problems will be solved.

Anas

"Rome wasn't built in a day."
    "Don't run before you can walk."
    "Always start with the basics."
    Last edited by salaam; 13 July 2006 at 01:21 PM.