Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New moderators, new rules [updated]

We got our new logo recently, and now it's time for more newness!

I am pleased to announce that we four new moderators joining the fold.

jamesmc will be moderating the Paint Shop Pro forum. To coincide with this I've renamed it as a Corel forum (as Corel bought it quite some time ago from Jasc) and it's now listed with the other Corel forums.

sallybode will be taking over the CorelDRAW forum.

Availor will be joining pknair in moderating the Macromedia Flash forum.

And simsmj (aka Mike Sims) will be moderating the Xara3D forum along with Ross and Egg. Mike kindly agreed to do this a long time ago, I and I must apologize for taking this long to appoint him as a moderator. This coincides nicely with him being featured in the July edition of Xara's Outsider newsletter.

They're all dedicated regulars and contributors of TalkGraphics, and I'm sure you'll join me in welcoming jamesmc, sallybode, Availor and simsmj as moderators.

The other thing I've finally gotten around to do is posting some rules. New users will have to agree to these before joining, and current members will need to abide by them. There's nothing you should be worried about in there, but it juts clarifies some of the poilcies at the board. In particular it states our stance on spam.

These are the rules:

Introduction
    TalkGraphics.com has been created by Xara Group Ltd. as a place for members to discuss topics relating to the world of graphics and the internet, and registration is free.

By joining TalkGraphics.com, or remaining as a member, you agree to the following rules. If you do not agree to these rules, please either cancel your membership request or (if you are a current member) contact us and ask for your account to be deleted.

Topics of conversation and spamming rules
    Do not join TalkGraphics.com to spam. This includes "I've just found this website…" posts, website links posing as feedback requests and other spam masquerading as useful information. If one of your first posts is plugging a website or product you will be banned. Please get involved with the community before you post links.

You agree not to post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.

We do not actively restrict topics of conversation, but
    TalkGraphics.com was not designed for heated debates. We ask you to refrain from volatile subjects such as religion or politics and keep the intended spirit of TalkGraphics.com in mind.

Legal information
    Considering the real-time nature of this messageboard, it is impossible for us to actively monitor messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of TalkGraphics.com, Xara Group Ltd or any entity associated with or mentioned in the TalkGraphics.com forums.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary.

Xara Group Ltd will never disclose your information to a third party, except in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Off-topic chat

It is each member's responsibility to ensure they post in the correct forum. Please take time to acquaint yourself with the different forums on offer to ensure you that you post in the correct place. Although we don't ban general chat in posts, we ask that you be respectful of other users and the originator of a topic by not straying too far in the conversation.

Moderators reserve the right to close, move or delete topics that aren't appropriate for that forum. So please consider carefully that your topic is relevant to the forum in which you are posting.

Email address
    It is important to always have a valid email address listed under your account (other users will not see this, so there is no risk of spam). If you do not keep a valid address listed on your account we reserve the right to suspend your posting privileges.

Supplemental information
    Additional rules will be emailed to you once you have activated your account, and should be read before posting at TalkGraphics.com.

These are the supplemental rules that are emailed upon activation:

Off-topic chat
    It is each member’s responsibility to ensure they post in the correct forum. Please take time to acquaint yourself with the different forums on offer to ensure you that you post in the correct place. If your topic is about Adobe Photoshop, for example, there is a dedicated forum for this purpose. If you wish to post something that doesn’t fit in to any particular dedicated forum, then it is probably best to post in the off-topic forum.

Do not start off-topic posts in a dedicated forum. i.e. a post about is not suitable for the Adobe Photoshop forum. Furthermore, although we don’t ban general chat in posts, we ask that you be respectful of other users and the originator of a topic by not straying too far in the conversation. If you wish to start a new line of conversation, start a new topic in the appropriate forum. A message in the original thread, along the lines of ‘I’ve continued this conversation in a new thread’ with a link to the thread would be acceptable and courteous.

Moderators reserve the right to close, move or delete topics that aren’t appropriate for that forum. So please consider carefully that your topic is relevant to the forum.

Attachments
    We do not place restrictions on the amount of attachments that you can post. However, please be considerate when posting images. Before posting an image, consider the following:
    1. Do you really need to do that screenshot? A lot of the time a large screenshot could be replaced with a simple line of text. i.e. rather than showing someone an image of part of an Xtreme Options Dialog panel, just say "Click Utilities > Options > Internet". This is still very easy to understand. Those on dial-up will also appreciate this.
    2. If you are posting an image, make sure you have chosen the appropriate format and compression level and consider if you can reduce its dimensions.
    Using TalkGraphics.com
    This service is provided for like-minded readers to interact and discuss things relating to graphics software, the internet and the sharing of ideas. It is not for the following purposes:

• Questions regarding Xara accounts or billing. For these matters, please contact Xara direct with full details of your request.
    • Complaints regarding software companies. Please contact the relevant software company directly with your complaint so that they can follow up on your concerns.
    • Technical support. Although Xara employees do frequent TalkGraphics.com, and try to help where possible, a reply cannot be guaranteed. If you have a specific query that requires an answer, please check Xara’s support section and open a support ticket if necessary. If it is something that fellow users can help you with, then a TalkGraphics.com post is ideal (but be sure to search to see if an answer already exists). For non-Xara software, the same principle applies. Please consider contacting the software manufacturer for your query.
    Helpful subject lines
    Be sure to post relevant topic titles. “I need help” or “This is cool” is not helpful. Post a succinct summary of what you topic is about. For example: “I need help with layers”. This allows users to judge whether they wish to read the topic or not better, and also aids searching in the forums so that people can find your topic if it is relevant to them.

Signatures and avatars
    Please keep signatures small so that they aren’t intrusive to other users. Links are allowed in the signature, but should not be used as a method of spamming. Avatars should not be obtrusive or offensive.

Moderators/Forum Moderation
    The forums are presided over by a group of volunteer "Moderators" who act in the best interest of the forums in general. They, through the Moderators Forum (not accessible to members), will decide on actions to be taken on inappropriate posts. This could be anything from a Private Message to a member, giving an infraction or suspension to a total ban.

The Moderators decisions will be final and not be open for discussion within the general forum.
    Last edited by Soquili; 20 October 2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added Moderators/Forum Moderation
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Default Re: New moderators, new rules

Welcome aboard guys and gal

TG, as you well know, is a pretty tame community of artist's and enthusiast's alike, so things are very cool respectively, enjoy

Nice work Antony, and all who participated with the flow of ideas...

See you on the boards all ....
    Last edited by gidgit; 06 July 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Default New attachments

It is now possible to attache SWF, FLA and X3D files to posts.

Default Re: New attachments

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF
    hooray, everytime I wanted to post a X3D I forgot I couldn`t and
    had to zip it. Great improvement, thanks.(and what is a FLA?)

It's the SWF file before you mix it with egg and milk.

It's the SWF file before you mix it with egg and milk.
    I know egg, he makes excellent video tutorials,
    but who is milk?

Fla is the flash file, swf is the completed product

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor
    I know egg, he makes excellent video tutorials,
    but who is milk?
    It is Egg himself, as you know he is the milk of human kindness

Default Re: New attachments

Excellent..

Default Another moderator

I'm pleased to announce that Soquili has joined us as moderator of the Xtreme LX forum. Although not a regular in that forum (yet) he is a long-time TalkGraphics regular and valuable contributor.