Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question save corel shortcuts

Hello!

I use corel 12 now, and i've made a lot of custom shortcuts.
    I want to start using corel X3, and i was wandering how can I export the shortcuts i've made in corel 12, and then import them in corel X3?
    I found an "export to scv" button but I couldn't find any import one.

Or maibe there is another way ... a file in program files that i could copy, or something ... does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
    a d r i m
    IP

Default Re: save corel shortcuts

You could try exporting your 12 workspace and opening it in X3. Typically custom settings are not put directly into DRAW but in a folder called Application Settings which is often a Hidden Folder on many peoples' systems. So I additionally save (in case I can't find it) the exported setting to my backup drive. The workspace for 12 and X3 both have the same extension so you should be able to import into 12 your buttons, etc. via workspace. I would however resave the workspace once in X3 because 12 does not have as many buttons, etc. I haven't done this myself, so I am not sure how this is going to work for you. In theory, it should be alright. Be aware that the buttons are only one issue: the buttons work because they are associated with a script in your GMS folder. Unless these are scripts that shipped with 12.0, they are not going to be in X3's GMS folder. You will have to find the scripts you need from 12.0 and copy and paste them to the new folder. If these are scripts from OberonPlace.com, often Alex Valenko has written a newer version for 13, otherwise they won't work or work optimally.

Some scripts may only work in 12. I have a script from IsoCalc that works for some items and not for others. But it is written for 12, and not X3. Again, whatever scripts are making your buttons work, you cannot have X3 look for in 12's folder, you must copy those scripts yourself into the GMS folder of X3.

If you are interested in customization more and have questions on how to retain any function that may be lost from doing this from 12 to X3, you may wish to ask the forum at OberonPlace.com, as they are more knowledgeable than I am in most cases on the writing and customization of scripts.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: save corel shortcuts

I tryed exporting corel 12 workspace and opening it in X3 (just the shortcuts for now ).
    It worked!

Tks a lot!
    IP