Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Flash in Internet Explorer ???

Bearing in mind the recent upgrade with Microsoft Explorer browser, as people around would've known that Flash's .swf file has certain problem in displaying i.e. double clicking on the link along with having border around the .swf element.

I wish to know why is it that I'm having to face these problem in seeing my own website's Flash files, but I could see Flash's .swf on other website working perfectly alright. After all, if it's Microsoft Explorer's problem, I should have same problem on ALL the Flash elements on ALL the websites, rather than JUST MY website ???

Is it ME who has to do something about it to make it possible for OTHERS to see my website's Flash element displaying properly on their Internet Explorer OR is it THEM who would have to sort the problem out with their Internet Explorer ???
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Default Re: Flash in Internet Explorer ???

James, It's not only your problem,

I see this annoying frame as well "click to activate content". With a use of some scripting designers manage to work pass that problem, so that's the reason some sites display the swf files fine. I have no idea how they do that. I know this from my friend who own a website, and the person who develops the site for him fixed this problem.

EDIT: As suggested in THIS thread,

a link was posted by haakoo to a program that solves the problem:

In IE browsers the Eolas(dotted box) still present??

I know there are many workarounds for this issue
    Mostly by copy/paste JS.Script into your HTML file

So for those who want this to be easyer ,here is a freewareprogram that solves it for you

http://www.flashrelease.com/

Gr.Hans
    Last edited by Availor; 13 December 2006 at 12:27 PM.
    IP

Exclamation Re: Flash in Internet Explorer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    James, It's not only your problem,

I see this annoying frame as well "click to activate content". With a use of some scripting designers manage to work pass that problem, so that's the reason some sites display the swf files fine. I have no idea how they do that. I know this from my friend who own a website, and the person who develops the site for him fixed this problem.
    Problem is, I have to click it EVERY TIME, even if I re-visit my own website again, I have to click it TWICE to go to certain link.

I know there's some coding that goes & I'll be browsing Internet to find it, since until I settle this matter, I won't be heaving a sigh of relief
    IP

Hi j4mes_bond25. I answered this question in a another posting.

See this post:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=21739&page=2

I detailed why MS changed that in IE and gave several links on a fix.

Have a look. I believe I posted in reply to you.

It should have the answers you seek. It will explain why you have to click on some sites an not on others. I can share how I work around the problem if my links don't make sense.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Hi all,

Firstly Red thanks for the links you supplied earlier.

Here's another.

This update provides new publishing templates for Flash Professional 8 and Flash Basic 8 so that user experience is not impacted by Microsoft's update to Internet Explorer regarding handling of some web pages using interactive controls (learn more). All users should apply this update.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE DOWNLOAD PAGE It's the second one down.

I can confirm it works (At least for a site made completely in Flash)

For some reason my hosting sites down at present so I can't upload examples.

This is a real pain in the butt. I have many client web sites and the thought of republishing & reposting each one ****** me off. (At least I only have to do it to one page per site!)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat
    Hi j4mes_bond25. I answered this question in a another posting.

See this post:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=21739&page=2

I detailed why MS changed that in IE and gave several links on a fix.

Have a look. I believe I posted in reply to you.

It should have the answers you seek. It will explain why you have to click on some sites an not on others. I can share how I work around the problem if my links don't make sense.
    Yes, I appreciate you mentioned earlier. In fact, it really helped me on my laptop.

In this thread, I only wanted to know as if it's NOT displaying properly on my PC then is there any chance of it displaying OK on someone else's PC, since it seems more to do with the Browser problem rather than WE having to do anything to make our site displaying well to others.

I've an employer taking interest in me (finally), and I wouldn't want him to get disappointed if he couldn't access my Flash elements. He may think it's MY fault, however, within my website, I mentioned that for Internet Browser users they need to sort problems with their OWN browser rather than blaming me for not having my Flash elements displaying.
    IP

James,

Who's fault it is, is really academic. If a visitor or future client visits your site and has to double click on each and every button, the site isn't functioning as it was intended too.

I have over 30 clients web sites that now malfunction. It's not my fault. It's not my clients fault. It' probably Microsofts fault.

Should I correct each site gratis? Should I charge my clients? Should I sue Microsoft

No, I have to swallow the bullet and upgrade them all.

Anyway, here's a video tutorial on the best process.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if it works as well in a mixed HTML and multiple swf site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Excellent video on the Activeupdate Egg!

That will save a lot of grief and hair-pulling.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    James,

Who's fault it is, is really academic. If a visitor or future client visits your site and has to double click on each and every button, the site isn't functioning as it was intended too.

I have over 30 clients web sites that now malfunction. It's not my fault. It's not my clients fault. It' probably Microsofts fault.

Should I correct each site gratis? Should I charge my clients? Should I sue Microsoft

No, I have to swallow the bullet and upgrade them all.

Anyway, here's a video tutorial on the best process.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if it works as well in a mixed HTML and multiple swf site.
    Fantastic video.

I did exactly what it says on the video.

Selected Publish >> Settings (from Property Inspector)
    From HTML tab, Template & selected Active Content Update - HTTP
    I then Clicked Publish and OK
    I then From "Commands" Menu, chose "Apply Active Content Update"
    It then opened up a dialog box & I selected the HTML file. I could then see a file name called "AC_RunActiveContent.js" within the same folder.

Now, I've uploaded all the pages back again on my wesbite & then when I run my website, either through my local host OR through the Internet using www.allinclusivewebdesign.co.uk I'm STILL facing exactly the same problems as I was having, so it seems things hasn't quite worked out the way it should've been. Still getting the pop-up message saying "click here to activate" again & again.

Can you guys there see my website WITHOUT those flash problems now on www.allinclusivewebdesign.co.uk using yours Internet Explorer. If you could then I guess, there must've been something to do with my own Internet Explorer Browser then.
    IP

Hey Thanks for the help RedWombat, Egg.... I havent tested it yet, but it's glad to know that people are aware of this problem.
    I love the videos! You inspired me greatly, especially after watching other video tutorials.

It's easier to just record yourself rather than writing the steps.
    IP