Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flash Jukebox

Default Re: Flash Jukebox

Glad it worked for you Josh.

What you're asking would require a preloader. Basically counting the bytes downloaded and when it reached 100%, would go away and play the song.

I have some simple code for one I created awhile back, I'll try to find a sample for you. Unless someone else here has one at their fingertips?

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Just want to say thank you to everyone for your help.

I did a 5 day course for Flash, Actionscript, HTML, XHTML, Javascript, Photoshop and of course that just touched on the very basics.

Having said that it has enabled me to build my site from scratch.

So much more to learn and that I want to achieve. You guys will probably hear alot from me as this has been the best forum that I have found.

Josh
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by acyn04 View Post
    I did a 5 day course for Flash, Actionscript, HTML, XHTML, Javascript, Photoshop and of course that just touched on the very basics.
    Wow. It's hard to believe anyone would attempt to teach all those things in five days. It's more usual to spend five days on just one of those subjects as an introduction.

Paul
    IP

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure a preloader is the best method to use here as the file should stream such that the whole file doesn't need to download before it starts playing. It might be better to just have a LOADING FILE text block in frame1 and the load music file in frame2 but without the text block. This way frame1 (LOADING FILE) will display until the music starts streaming when it will disappear.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP