Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Newbi needs help, please

Can someone please help me figure out how to remove text from a button graphic? I need to change them for my new site and can't figure out how to do it in PSP 9. I could post the buttons here if I can figure that out.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Cheney
    IP

Default Re: Newbi needs help, please

Depending on the button, you can use the clone brush to remove the text.

An alternate suggestion is to make the button a selection and fill it with a gradient or pattern that you like.

Normally I make my buttons with a transparent color outside the button image so that when on the web only the part I want shows.

Good Luck
    IP

Default Re: Newbi needs help, please

If the button is not too complicated, it's relatively easy to change the text.
    If the button has gradient fills or patterns, then you can still use the method below, but it may take a bit more work.

In this method, I'm using the selection tool. It's that rectangular looking button towards the top of the left toolbar. It can be a very useful tool.

The way I am showing you here using one pallet (640x480) is also the way you should work when modifying or even creating. The reason? It is simplier to have things in layers than to have 15 different images open.

Okay, the steps are:

• Load your image button (after you resize it) into the new pallet (640x480).
    • Using the selection tool, change the tool to the shape you need, in this example it is a circular pattern.
    • Cut out (Control X) the whole area, leaving the Marquis of the selection active. Paste the old circle somewhere on the canvas (pallet).
    • Sample the background color of the selection you cut out ( in this case blue). And with the selection still active, use the fill tool (looks like a bucket) fill the selection area with the fill. Type Control D when done or use the selection menu and choose select none.
    • Now, type the next text. Using a rectangle tool, drag the new text over to the area on the circle where it looks appropriate.
    • Merge all Layers, under the Layers Menu, Merge All... Use the selection tool, control C and then Control V. Resize the button and your done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buttoncrop.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	27415  
    IP