Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Pixel Screentones

Come and download the zipped file below. The zip file contains a number of small .gif files. Open PI and import the textures as paper textures for PI's brushes. Set the preview icon to 48x48? or larger to get a more accurate preview of the patterns. Free to use any way you want, personal or commercial. Making them was the fun part for me, but honestly, I still can't come up with a creative way of using them.
    The idea was born when I was playing around with the free demo of Graphics Gale. Very nice app, but I'm afraid I'm still much more comfortable with PI. Anyway, GG has several similar brushes. Then it occured to me that perhaps making a tileable pattern and importing them as paper textures in PI would do the trick. And they did. So now my PI has similar brushes, plus some more I came up with after playing around with the various combinations of black and white pixels and tiling them into a 48x48 box.
    What's nice in PI is that if you activate the draw as object on the brushes, the patterns have transparency, meaning you could move them around and overlay them above other patterns, creating interesting moire effects.. Just remember to reselect the none on the paper textures if you want to draw normally later on. You can also play with the blend modes and fade effects. Lots of potential there. PI seems to remember the paper settings after exiting and reopening, too. Had me confused for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixelpatterns.gif 
Views:	2753 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	27323  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP