Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up I need an honest opinion

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've already found lots of good stuff around here. Good job!

I'm working at this site www.autoclick.ro
    It's a site with car adds.

As I have a poor sense of design, I would appreciate some comments on the webdesign of the site. It's not in English, I know ... but I'm only interested in how it looks... what you like and you dislike... what do you think it will make it more attractive...

Thanks a lot, your opinions will be considered.

Default Re: I need an honest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mario
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've already found lots of good stuff around here. Good job!

I'm working at this site www.autoclick.ro
    It's a site with car adds.

As I have a poor sense of design, I would appreciate some comments on the webdesign of the site. It's not in English, I know ... but I'm only interested in how it looks... what you like and you dislike... what do you think it will make it more attractive...

Thanks a lot, your opinions will be considered.

If you did the mouse that looks like a car thing, I really liked that.
    I find it a bit dull, but I can`t read what it is about and I am not
    in the game , so to speak, so don`t mind me to much.

Yeah, I've made the logo. I'm glad you like it.

The problem is that creating a site design is more complicated, maybe because it's a bigger project.

As you say, it seems dull to me too, but what can I do to make it more interesting, more appealing?

I don't think it looks that dull. But I prefer function over nonsense.

The one thing I would say is have some pictures of cars, something that evokes your subject material. If someone visited and didn't read, they wouldn't know what the site was about.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

It's true, the site should be accurate, offer info in a clean, easy to find manner... and it will have lots of pictures of cars (because it will be a car directory)...

I'm looking for some elements to spice it up, but to keep the official, serious face... What are these elements? Special fonts, images, colors, blocks?

Thnx for the advice received so far.

I'll wait for some more!

Hi,

I really like the logo too. However I do think it misses some images. I really didn't know from first impression it was about cars (other than the adress). Also I think the colors are a bit dull.

I often use a site like: http://www.hlrnet.com/colormatch/ to get a bit of inspiration of which colors I could use to mix that would still 'fit' together.

BTW are all the drop down lists really necessary on the first site? I don't know what they say but they look really intimidating.

BTW I am not trying to break down your site, just trying to help. ;-)

1. Thanks for the color tip. I'll use that.
    2. The dropdown is a search form, with several search criteria. I thought it will be handy and useful.
    3. There will be lots of pictures with the advertized cars.

Any other suggestions, please? It's really helpful!

I've done some new things for my site http://autoclick.ro, hopefully it's better now (more pictures, more refined details).
    Do you know how can I get some nice icons?

Thanks.

Hello Mario, I think you did a very accurate job! Creating a website is like painting. You have to learn when to stop. I advise you to leave it alone for a day or so and then look again. Big chance that you'll think: hey, it's ok, it's finished!

This is for roderikk: thanks for the link to the colormatch site!
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

I like the site,

regarding the thumbnail images I would check how you created them. The quality looks like if you made them smaller by picking a handle and doing a resize that way. Try to let software do the resize. In Xara that would be export and provide the required size. I mostly use Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) to adjust sizes and quality.

I am just guessing though so if the big images are similar, its all fine.

Juergen