Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Menu Maker Issue

I recently had to reinstall menu maker after a disk crash. After replcing one of the disks and reinstalling MM, unlocking and adding the template pack as I should, I find that if I go to create a menu, once I get to the MM creation screen, I cannot click on any of the left buttons such as Save, Text, Color etc. etc.

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Best regards,
    bub...

Default Re: Menu Maker Issue

I'm having a similar issue, I just purchased MM 1.1 and selected the Frontpage add-in option. when I launched MM and unlocked the trial version the add-in was supposed to be installed into FP. ( I use 2002). The proper buttons did not appear in my insert menu.

Further, I went to Xara to re-download the add-in. On this occasion the whole download process tookplace and near the end of installation I received a pop-up message telling me "it could not find a compatible version of software for the add-in. That's bunk, Frontpage is there and legal.

There doesn't seem to be any reliable support as several days have gone by since I wrote to the "support group." I suppose a refund might be impossible to receive.

Actually, once I installed MM 1.1 from download, unlocked it and used the update menu from within MM to download the template pack, it was all good. the most important part, is to download the template pack from the update button inside MM. Any other way will not produce desired results.

Take care,
    Steve.

It seems, there is a solution in Xara's Knowledge Base:
    • Go to the Xara Menu Maker Support page.
    • There is a frame called "Search Knowledge Base" on the left site.
    • Choose your version.
    • Choose the topic "ALL".
    • Type in the keyword "Frontpage".
    • There are some tips in the Knowledge Base article "I can't see the Webstyle/MenuMaker add-in within the FrontPage insert menu or Dreamweaver insert menu"

I wonder, if the support wasn't able to answer your emails...

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 19 July 2006 at 12:24 PM.