Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Egg's Video Tutorials

you are right Egg // i have been absent for a long long time

and the reason behined it is my career shifting

i became an IT Auditor after being in the IT career for a long time - where i had more spare time to practice my favirote hoppy

but // the good news is that after mastering my new job i will find a plenty time to drop by and participate in this lovely fourm

thanks for the link - I will try - and will let you know if something goes wrong

Best regards // and thanks for asking and caring

====

You could link all the YouTube videos into this page so people wouldn't have to leave it to view them. My tag at the bottom discusses how to do this in case it's not known.

I could have sworn that I saw a tutorial from Egg about how he goes about creating tutorials for Xara (a 3 parter, as I recall). I can't for the life of me find it here or on YouTube, where I would have thought it would be. Anyone know where it is? Is it still around or was it removed?

P.S. Didn't this thread used to be sticky?

(Full of questions today!)
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Hi Odat,

I think you are looking for the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28298 which is sticky.

I seem to recall that Egg did a video about how to make a video. I cannot find a link to it at this time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This should probably be broken out into a new thread, to catch the attention of people who have Xara skills and would like to pass them along via video tutorials.

Odat, if you're thinking of jumping in, don't miss this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30332

That thread shows a way to get a free copy of a previous version of Techsmith's excellent Camtasia software. If Techsmith has ended the offer, you can get the free CamStudio, but the latter is less feature-rich.

But technology is not the real key - it's putting yourself in the viewer's shoes and presenting what that person needs, in an order that makes understanding easy.

Egg is really good at this. I, OTOH, have to ponder every which way, and still end up over-explaining some things and making hard-to-follow jumps with others. -

EDIT: not that I've done any Xara tutorials. My Xara skills are pre-beginner... I've done a few for Real-Draw Pro, on YouTube under user name DaveGmn
    Last edited by DGehman; 05 December 2007 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Egg for the tutorials. I´ve been through about a third of them, and they are quite helpful.

Odat, I think the tutorial on how to make a YouTube video is on Xaraone.

If you guys work through the 3-part layers tutorial, you get the added "mini" tutorial on what to do when you lose your yellow sticky notes in mid video

Just kidding Egg--keep up the great work!

Actually the free copy of Camtasia was what renewed my interest in the tutorial.

Thanks Scott! That is indeed the tutorial I was looking for. Now I see where I went wrong; All of Egg's other tutorials are listed on YouTube under a different YouTube user.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Odat I found Egg's video tutorial about how to make a YouTube video tutorial. It is Guest tutorial #73 on the XaraXone http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest73/

Excellent tutorial. I wish I had revisited it before making my first video.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Egg's Video Tutorials

can you please do a tutorial on how to create Abstract in xara xtream pro plzzz because using photoshop i kinda hard

thanks in advance

I've watched both Xhris' and Egg's videos more than a few times. Thanks guys. This thread should be 'stickied'.