Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation Re: Navigation bar's appearance ???

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Availor,

Your 'playinganimation' variable wouldn't work. The problem is that the swf file is reloaded with each page so 'playinganimation' will always = 0.

However I just love the lateral thinking of creating a different banner for all the other pages, that's a simple but pleasing solution.

Regarding asp php and mysql I only wish I had the time to study these. I've got books that I've bought but I just don't get the time to read them.

I'll have a look at James links.
    Even, I'm inclined to go with his second suggestion of having ONLY 1 animated file in one i.e. the main page visitors visit first. In all other pages like services, about, owner, contact, etc., I'll use the non-animated version i.e. by getting rid of all the Tweening involved & hence creating the non-animated version. Lets hope that works perfectly well.

As far as the PHP itself is concerned, you could also sign yourself up on couple of PHP Forums, to ask questions whenever you get stuck:

Try the following:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/
    http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Default Re: Navigation bar's appearance ???

There is no way to avoid the flash movie playing each time you move to a new page the simple solution would be to use your graphics from flash and take them into FH where there you can convert them to a normal mouseover navigation button. If you don't have FH you would need to redraw your navigation in some other graphics programme. As for your other suggestion of having the page selected to show on your navigation bar that easy just use CSS to do that.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP