Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please can anyone help? Menu link problems driving me mad

Hi all,

I purchssed Webstyle 4 last week in the hope of tackling a project to design a website for my new business.

Im not a web designer so dont really understand what this software does. Anyhow I started creating project folders, and then change my mind few times about appearances and so ended up with a number of project folders.......Gosh how do I explain this problem!!!!!

I dragged a web page from one project folder to another, it asks if you want to copy themes menus etc etc which I say yes to...but no matter what i do the Menus will not work...it seems that webstyle simply will not recreat the links in Java script to make this page work with this new set of files/pages....whatever the heck they are!

Its driving me mad! At first I thought webstyle looked like it was going to be great...now Im just starting to feel like Ive wasted £60, becuase I simply cannot ever get to a complete site ready for downloading!!!!

Im soo confused need help but Xara dont seem that helpful...just direct me here....any tutors out there???

Default Re: Please can anyone help? Menu link problems driving me mad

I'm not sure how Webstyle indicates its paths. But, if you move a webpage from one project to another, I suspect what will happen is the menus/navbars cannot be updated. This I think is what you are experiencing?

I use Frontpage and I know if I upload new pages from any other ftp facility, it will mess up Frontpage from uploading any file. The reason I suspect is that the DLL written to control paths and keep track of what files are in a particular Web project are now out of kilter.

I don't think this is unique to Webstyle, path tracking occurs in many programs.

In Webstyle, the paths are identified graphically by clicking on projects. Each project folder represents a different path.

As far as copy web pages from one project to another, there shouldn't be an issue.

The menus/navbars, etc. may have to be reworked from the start to save that information in the same project folder.

Not a good solution, but at least the webpage is saved, the navbars/menus may take some rework.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help, perhaps someone will take a look and provide an alternative solution.