Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Text attachment along the edge of a circle ???

I wish to write the text "from possibility to reality" around the circle of my logo, as it an be seen from:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/darsh25/p...te/contact.php

What I've done so far is to write the entire text "from possibility to reality" then break it apart so as to have individual letters & am now attaching each of the letter along the edge of the circle & then rotating it, etc. which is excruciatingly boring, eye-stressing & time consuming.

Is there any other easy way to do the same in Flash 8 ???
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Default Re: Text attachment along the edge of a circle ???

Personaly, I would use this in Freehand and import to Flash since Flash is not very capable of text layouts. The second option for you is just to do it manually, break the text and rotate each letter.

I don't know of any other way though it might be possible using a motion guide.
    IP

Default Re: Text attachment along the edge of a circle ???

j4mes_bond25, do you have the whole Studio 8, or only Flash 8?

If you had the whole Studio 8, you can use Fireworks and Flash together if you wish. Not much different than using another outside app, like Xtreme, to create the effect you want.

If you do use Fireworks, create your text on the path, select your text on the path and under the Text menu select, Convert to Paths. Then copy and paste it into Flash.

Unfortunately, Flash doesn't play well with design sometimes.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Exclamation Re: Text attachment along the edge of a circle ???

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat
    j4mes_bond25, do you have the whole Studio 8, or only Flash 8?

If you had the whole Studio 8, you can use Fireworks and Flash together if you wish. Not much different than using another outside app, like Xtreme, to create the effect you want.

If you do use Fireworks, create your text on the path, select your text on the path and under the Text menu select, Convert to Paths. Then copy and paste it into Flash.

Unfortunately, Flash doesn't play well with design sometimes.
    I've both Flash 8 & Fireworks as well. I managed to get the desired result & did so exactly the way you mentioned.

Thanks for your time & help, in the mean time.
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP