Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Transparency the shape with Adobe Illustrator CS2

I would like to transparency this shape to this background. I tried myself but i got a blury result since i didnt really know how to do it so i export the file and i did the transparency with firework. The result is not really good. There are a lot white dots around the picture.

I went to see the help on Adobe Illustrator CS2 it made more confusing.

Please help!! Thanks for responding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bgrnd2.jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	27142  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Transparency the shape with Adobe Illustrator CS2

If I'm right in assuming you want to place the .ai file onto the image here (which I can't actually see, might be too big a file). Then I'm guessing you want the five white areas to be transparent.
    The best way of achieving this was to create them transparent in AI. The image below shows that while the two doughnut shapes above look the same, the left image is realy just a blue filled circle with a smaller white filled circle on top. The right image is a true doughnut shape which is the approach I would have taken to create your .ai file.

The best results I achieved with your existing image was to open in Illustrator and export as a .png at a high resolution. Open in Photoshop and use the magic wand set to zero tolerance and antialiasing off. Click in each white area and delete. Then scale to your desired size. I was able to achieve good results like this, even retaining the thin black line on the inner circle.

Sark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graphic1.jpg 
Views:	966 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	27299  
    Last edited by Sark; 01 July 2006 at 12:52 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Transparency the shape with Adobe Illustrator CS2

If you want to do this in AI you would need to remove mask (alt+ctrl+7) and then proceed to subtract your internal shapes from the outside and because of the way you have constructed spocked oval this is slightly tricky but still do-able. Once you have done that I would save it as a Gif to get your needed trans. but the only thing else I would say is that you would get slight white fringing due to the back ground colour. If this drawing was for print this would not be a problem but if it was for the web and the background was not white this would be a problem. The way to get round this would be to use the same colour as a background that you want in the web as this would give the same colour fringing therefore you would not see it.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP