Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Banner's mask animation making text disappear ???

Overall, it's around 64kb file for banner. For such a reasonable size file, shouldn't it take much less than 36 seconds ??? If 64kb is considered to be BIG file on Flash,
    On a broadband connection not really, but for dial up I'd say yes. If you consider a dial up feeds at 4Kb/sec a 64Kb file would take 16 seconds and thats just for your banner!

I don't know how you created your banner but here's a reproduction plus the buttons which aren't on your banner ( made in Flash8) which is 10Kb. The loading of the various elements is done over the timeline so no more than 4Kbs per frame loads, thus the visitor see something new every second and the whole things loaded in 2.5 to 3 seconds.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Exclamation Re: Banner's mask animation making text disappear ???

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    On a broadband connection not really, but for dial up I'd say yes. If you consider a dial up feeds at 4Kb/sec a 64Kb file would take 16 seconds and thats just for your banner!

I don't know how you created your banner but here's a reproduction plus the buttons which aren't on your banner ( made in Flash8) which is 10Kb. The loading of the various elements is done over the timeline so no more than 4Kbs per frame loads, thus the visitor see something new every second and the whole things loaded in 2.5 to 3 seconds.
    You ALREADY did EXACTLY what I was hoping to achieve, in fact, EVEN better, I must say.

What I had was the "simmer" effect appearing ONLY when the mouse is rolled over the banner, but you did it in the way it appears constantly, which is even further eye-catching.

Additionally, I haven't yet decided about the button's animation, but was working on it, however, you did it with great creativity, so much appreciated.

Lastly, as you can see from one of my other thread, I asked about how to make text wrapped around the circle, rather than breaking it to different alphabets & then arranging it AROUND the circle & then rotating it to desired position, etc. which all would be excruciatingly boring, eye-stressing & time-consuming.

Hence, although, I understood everything you did in the banner with exception to the "motto" rolling around the "circle". Is it achievable in Flash, since I've gone through all my 3 DVDs of Flash Video Tutorial, but none mention how to make text wrap automatically around a shape. Did you do it in Flash ??? If not, is it doable in Fireworks, since that's what I've also been using for basic use ???
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Default Re: Banner's mask animation making text disappear ???

Hi James

I created an mc for the text effect under the title text so it would run even without the need to activate the Flash routine and it's not dependant on a visitor rolling over it.

As for the text spinner that was created in XaraXtreme and imported into Flash. It's very simple to create. It's just text on a circle, which if you haven't got XaraXtreme you should be able to do in Fireworks (I've got Fireworks8 but never used it). Then convert the text to shapes, delete the original circle, and import to flash. Convert to mc and apply a clockwise tween.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP