Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Images missing once uploaded

I have created a flash banner for my website with images, text and a next button. The idea is that once the next button is pressed, a different image and different text will appear. It all works fine when I view the .swf file but once I upload it, the next button works and scrolls the text but no image appears. Does anyone have any suggestions as it's driving me crazy. The banner can be viewed at http://forever-friendly.batcave.net so you can see what i mean. Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Images missing once uploaded

It's kinda pointless to ask us to second-guess what's in the code you've written...
    IP

Hi, Oops sorry about that. Heres the code I used. I basically copied the script from the tutorial and just edited to suit my needs. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Thanks.

/*The following ten sections contain the data
    /*for each op.

/* 0 */
    var image0title:String = "rickyy";
    var image0desc:String = "This is rickyy the room owner. He set the room up about 7 years ago and it has been going from strength to strength ever since. Hes always there to help (thats if hes not eating or on the phone hehehe).";
    var image0uri:String = "image0.jpg";

/* 1 */
    var image1title:String = "shazza79";
    var image1desc:String = "This is shazza79 (aka the missus). She joined the room in 2004 when she met rickyy. Always helpful, you just have to make allowances for her blonde moments.";
    var image1uri:String = "image1.jpg";

/* 2 */
    var image2title:String = "Eagle1";
    var image2desc:String = "Meet Eagle1/The^Enforcer/ED209 or whatever nick he decides to be next lol. He's a good friend and always up for a laugh. PS. He's rickyy's guard dog :PP";
    var image2uri:String = "image2.jpg";

/* 3 */
    var image3title:String = "howdy";
    var image3desc:String = "This is howdy. He never shuts up, you get little sense out of him, but at the end of the day, he's always right ";
    var image3uri:String = "image3.jpg";

/* 4 */
    var image4title:String = "valiant";
    var image4desc:String = "This is valiant. Rickyy's brother and a long standing member of the team. Great guy to know but does he have to be so clever hehehe.";
    var image4uri:String = "image4.jpg";

/* 5 */
    var image5title:String = "abbie";
    var image5desc:String = "This is abbie. A very good friend of the room. Shes a mad bint, crazy as they come but if she can help she will (lubes ya really hun xxxxxx)";
    var image5uri:String = "image5.jpg";

/* 6 */
    var image6title:String = "Lady^Luck";
    var image6desc:String = "This is Lady^Luck (aka Eagle1's missus) who rickyy is always flirting with (but he does the same with Eagle1 as well hehehe).";
    var image6uri:String = "image6.jpg";

/* 7 */
    var image7title:String = "candy";
    var image7desc:String = "This is candy. A new addition to the ops team and a complete nutter. What more is there to say about her lol except we all luves ya mwahhhhhhh";
    var image7uri:String = "image7.jpg";

/* 8 */
    var image8title:String = "Intuitive_babe";
    var image8desc:String = "Intuitive_babe. Our op from across the pond. Not many of you will know her due to time differences but shes a great person and a valued member of the team.";
    var image8uri:String = "image8.jpg";

/* 9 */
    var image9title:String = "kitty_kat33";
    var image9desc:String = "This is kitty_kat3310. Another new member of the team. A good laugh and always willing to help.";
    var image9uri:String = "image9.jpg";

var currImage:Number = 0;
    var totalImages:Number = 10;

menu_mc.title_txt.text = this["image"+currImage+"title"];
    menu_mc.description_txt.text = this["image"+currImage+"desc"];

for (var i:Number = 0; i<totalImages; i++) {
    slideShow_mc.slides_mc["holder"+i].loadMovie(this["image"+(i)+"uri"],slideShow_mc.slides_mc.getNextHighestDepth());
    }

slideShow_mc.slides_mc["holder10"].loadMovie(this["image0uri"],slideShow_mc.slides_mc.getNextHighestDepth());

// function for the Next button
    function nextMenuItem(eventObjbject) {
    slideShow_mc.gotoAndPlay("slide"+(currImage));
    if ((currImage+1)>=totalImages) {
    currImage = 0;
    } else {
    currImage++;
    }
    menu_mc.title_txt.text = this._parent["image"+currImage+"title"];
    menu_mc.description_txt.text = this._parent["image"+currImage+"desc"];
    }

// add the event listener for the button
    next_btn.addEventListener("click", nextMenuItem);
    IP

Are you embedding the images in the swf or are they called from outside flash?
    Flash can't handle progressive jpgs.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

OK, here's the obvious questions:

1) You have transferred image0.jpg, image1.jpg, etc. to your website?
    2) The image files are in the same directory as the .swf file?
    IP