Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Animation playing in loop ???

Sure glad I use SwishMax, point and click my way to whatever I want to do.

And there is always action script available if I want to torture myself into computer geekdom.

joking of course, I just like ease of use applications that get it done and don't make my head hurt.
    IP

Exclamation Re: Animation playing in loop ???

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    Here's a screen grab: After you press Ctrl+Enter go to the View option and choose the bandwith preview (see the print screen). Look at the graph: Your banner is divided into frames. See the first line is the longest one and it reaches nearly 2kb (the menu obscures it). It means the first frame is almost 2kb, the rest are less, which means the longest time for the visitor to wait is for the first frame to load, after that frame is loaded the rest are "peanuts"

I've downloaded your file, seems fine to me.
    Must say, this is a highly intrigued thing to know. I fiddled with few options in the View & tried bandwidth preview as well, where I could see the graph, but at that time (until I had your reply), I didn't have a clue as what exacly was the graph telling me.

Anyhow, although my own banner seems to be working perfectly well at this moment but I wonder what about IF in case say, out of 10 frame animation, if 2, 4, 6, 8 happens to be longest. In that case, the user would see the 1st frame's animation but then might have to wait little longer for the 2nd frame, for example. Wouldn't you say that could affect the smootness of the ENTIRE animation, since to view 2,4,6,8 frames, they might have to wait little longer than other frames & hence could affect the way ENTIRE animation plays.

Wouldn't you say that could be the possibility ??? (although, I might just be over-reacting since majority are on reasonably fast Internet speed, but JUST IN CASE).
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

In case the other frame is the longest I'm not sure... I guess the use would have to wait.
    About swish, well perhaps it is an easier app to cope with but it's not at all as professional as flash. Maybe if all you need to do is a pre-made effect banner then use swish or ******* Glanda, but if you are into developing flash is the app. I prefer working the hard and professional way, but it takes me truly long hours of learning.

I can highly recommend you webwasp.com tutorials. The Graph issue is explained.

Also, I've purchased several tutorials from Cartoonsmart.com and I am very pleased with them. There are some freebies that show Basic Actionscript application. There are video tutorials. Also, LearnFlash.com offers you a free tutorial once you subscribe to their newsletter. I advise you to subscribe with a secondary e-mail since they do get annoying, but they have great video tutorials which they provide you for free. Actually, I'm dying to get those videos bundle, but 300$ is more than I can efford.

Actually, since you are from UK and the "next best thing to GOD" :-) I found some interesting video bundles from learnsoft-shop on e-bay. They are from UK, and each bundle is only 9.5$ Unfortunately they don't ship to Israel....
    Last edited by Availor; 25 June 2006 at 09:07 PM.
    IP

In case the other frame is the longest I'm not sure... I guess the use would have to wait.
    About swish, well perhaps it is an easier app to cope with but it's not at all as professional as flash. Maybe if all you need to do is a pre-made effect banner then use swish or ******* Glanda, but if you are into developing flash is the app. I prefer working the hard and professional way, but it takes me truly long hours of learning.

Also, I've purchased several tutorials from Cartoonsmart.com and I am very pleased with them. There are some freebies that show Basic Actionscript application. There are video tutorials. Also, LearnFlash.com offers you a free tutorial once you subscribe to their newsletter. I advise you to subscribe with a secondary e-mail since they do get annoying, but they have great video tutorials which they provide you for free. Actually, I'm dying to get those videos bundle, but 300$ is more than I can efford.

Actually, since you are from UK and the "next best thing to GOD" :-) I found some interesting video bundles from learnsoft-shop on e-bay. They are from UK, and each bundle is only 9.5$ Unfortunately they don't ship to Israel....
    heh heh, making banners...

I guess making entire websites from flash, or writing flash applications from SwishMax doesn't count eh? But anyway, I digressed from the topic of this thread and move on.
    IP

Thanks. I'm getting myself trained on Flash from the 3 different CDs that I got from:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flash-Professi...QQcmdZViewItem

This is fantastic tutorials & I've learnt a lot, but since I'm yet to implement it practically, I tend to have little less confidence but I'm getting into it slowly.

By the way, if you're interested in THESE particular CDs, then let me know. I could buy it for you & deliver it to you in Israel, if you could pay me the product's price along with delivery from UK to Israel by Paypal.

If you're interested, let me know & I'd be glad to help. This CDs cost around $300 or so, but the same could be grabbed from e-bay for such a knock-down prices.
    IP

j4mes_bond25, your FLA is not fine.

You have 16 objects in your Blur 2 MC making an Alpha transparency transition. Alpha transitions are about the most processor intensive thing you can do with a SWF in the Flash Player, particularly using the Timeline, and you have 16 of them doing all at once. That's why your movie comes across choppy. I'll see if I can post an alternative for you to see.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Hey Thanks James, I really appreciate it! Eventhough the only thing that looks promising there is the Mobile Device publishing, since all the stuff there are pretty basic for me. I've purchased videos from CartoonSmart.com Justin is a nice guy and I bought some cool stuff for 5$.

I will watch the videos I already bought. The problem is I want more advanced stuff since I've already gone through all the basics (I watch and reproduce these videos 8 hours a day since this week I have no exams and I wanna learn fast because a client is waiting :-) Anyway, tell me if you liked those videos. If I can count on you to send me the CDs it would be great.

Too bad they don't ship here.

Thanks anyway
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat
    j4mes_bond25, your FLA is not fine.

You have 16 objects in your Blur 2 MC making an Alpha transparency transition. Alpha transitions are about the most processor intensive thing you can do with a SWF in the Flash Player, particularly using the Timeline, and you have 16 of them doing all at once. That's why your movie comes across choppy. I'll see if I can post an alternative for you to see.
    Bearing in mind your suggestion, I've now made a brand new Banner, which has "simmer" effect to it as a "mask" & is working OKish, however, with certain hiccups yet (as you can imagine that for someone like me who's yet wet behind ears with Flash, it couldn't possibly be a plain sailing).

You can see it here & I think, it might make more sense if I start a NEW thread for this NEW problem.
    IP