Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Animation playing in loop ???

I've just laid my hands on saving my movie, after dipping my toe in creating basic animation.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/darsh25/p...te/contact.php

shows that my banner has animation playing CONSTANTLY i.e. in loop. I only wish this to play just ONCE.

I created this using one of the effect from Timeline Effects. I "unchecked" the loop option in HTML tab in the Publish setting, but I wonder why am I getting this animation playing in loop rather than just once.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ???
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Default Re: Animation playing in loop ???

Hello,

in Flash you need to define what you want to do, or else it wll continue playing.

You will need to put a single comman in ActionScript on the last frame, which is stop();

Open your Flash, find the LAST frame of your animation, click the frame (if you have several layers it doesn't matter which one you pick), open the actionscript panel (F9), and type in stop(); exactly like this.

Thats it.
    IP

Exclamation Re: Animation playing in loop ???

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    Hello,

in Flash you need to define what you want to do, or else it wll continue playing.

You will need to put a single comman in ActionScript on the last frame, which is stop();

Open your Flash, find the LAST frame of your animation, click the frame (if you have several layers it doesn't matter which one you pick), open the actionscript panel (F9), and type in stop(); exactly like this.

Thats it.
    Thanks, that worked perfectly well.

Thing is because it only plays once, the animation doesn't quite show perfect smoothness (due to taking little time in uploading on browser, if it's played over the Internet). Is there any way, we could delay the animation, so in the "background" all the files should get uploaded & THEN the animation should kick-in with perfectly smoothness ???
    IP

j4mes_bond25, could you post your FLA? We could take a look at it for you.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by j4mes_bond25
    Tried your url I have 100mbps connection loads part of your page then hangs up I use internet explorer.
    IP

James, yes you can, but's it's a bit hard to explain online.

Post your .fla file (zip it) and we I will show you the modification.
    You can test your file (Ctrl+Enter) and then view -> Publish settings and choose connection speed. Then -> View -> Simulate download.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat
    j4mes_bond25, could you post your FLA? We could take a look at it for you.
    Ye sure. Since I can't attach ".fla" file here, I've got all the banner related files here:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/darsh25/p...ebsite/banner/

Problem is, since I only wish to have this animation playing ONCE ONLY (as it can be seen from: http://members.lycos.co.uk/darsh25/p...te/contact.php) , if user happen to have reasonably slow internet connection then I reckon, the uploading time for the frames would vary & they might NOT be able to see the entire animation in ONCE with its entire smoothness.

This would be just as any image gets uploaded on the Internet pixel by pixel (and then AFTER ALL THE PIXELS gets uploaded, the user can see the entire image), wouldn't you say the same goes for flash files, as well OR do flash file not such problem.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy
    Tried your url I have 100mbps connection loads part of your page then hangs up I use internet explorer.
    I'm terribly sorry about it but it works perfectly well here, I fear. You should be able to see banner, navigation menu & the Contact form along with the footer & left & right menu area (having text saying so).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    James, yes you can, but's it's a bit hard to explain online.

Post your .fla file (zip it) and we I will show you the modification.
    You can test your file (Ctrl+Enter) and then view -> Publish settings and choose connection speed. Then -> View -> Simulate download.
    I'm using Flash 8. After I test the movie using Ctrl+Enter, I've NOT got "Publish Setting" in this window, but I've instead got "Simulate download" under the "View" menu. I selected it (& it now has "tick" appearing next to it), so does it mean, it'd appear with the same smoothness, regardless of the Internet speed connection ???

All of my banner related files (only 3) can be downloaded from:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/darsh25/p...ebsite/banner/

Thanks for your time & help.
    IP

Here's a screen grab: After you press Ctrl+Enter go to the View option and choose the bandwith preview (see the print screen). Look at the graph: Your banner is divided into frames. See the first line is the longest one and it reaches nearly 2kb (the menu obscures it). It means the first frame is almost 2kb, the rest are less, which means the longest time for the visitor to wait is for the first frame to load, after that frame is loaded the rest are "peanuts"

I've downloaded your file, seems fine to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	27097  
    Last edited by Availor; 25 June 2006 at 08:21 PM.
    IP