Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webstyle 5

Default webstyle 5

will there be a webstyle 5?

Default Re: webstyle 5

Thanks for your interest.

We have been discussing potential features for a new version, but there are no concrete plans. But a lot of our customers ask for more templates, and we should hopefully be able to satisfy that request again in the near future.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hopefully you'll fix the problem causing purchased templates to actually be downloaded, or at least make the links for purchased templates be available for download for those that the update webstyle feature no longer works.

snoods,

I have just looked in our ticket system, and noticed you submitted a ticket eight days ago saying you received a "0x80040155" error when updating.

On the Xara Webstyle support page, did you see the topic that's called "When I try and connect to download the templates/unlock Webstyle, I get an error message (such 0x80040154 or 0x80040155)"?

Just search for your error message at xara.com/support/webstyle or click the "I am having problems unlocking Webstyle and/or downloading the templates" link on the Webstyle support home page.

Antony

Anthony, No luck still getting the error Grrrrrrr.
    Last edited by snoods; 08 July 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Re: webstyle 5

I asked the same question about webstyle 5 back in February 2006. I was told a new version was due out this summer.. See the post here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=20225

Now to read that they are not releasing a new version or that "potential features".. REALLY SUCKS! The software needs to be updated!

Customer Service at Xara is also in need of HELP! I am disapointed in this company entirely! Time to search for other products like Netobjects Fusion 9 or just get all Adobe software..

X-Newbie, grayowl is not a member of Xara staff so please do not criticize Xara for what he/she has said.

Further more you were given details on the situation direct from Xara when you contacted us earlier in the year.

You said:

"I was on the talk graphics forum and saw that Xara Webstyle 5 is set to be released this Summer. Is this true?" You also kindly offered to beta test.

A member of Xara staff said:

"There is a 4.x in the works for later this year, I don't imagine it
    will be V5 though. I'll foward your offer on the beta testers,
    although it isn't close to that stage yet, unfortunately."

That leaves it very clear on the extent of the product and when it could be released.

You should trust the response from Xara, not the one from someone at TalkGraphics.
    Last edited by AntonyF; 10 July 2006 at 04:15 PM.

I think it is most important that there is a "bug fix" release rather than a major release.

Issues such as the directory structure/path issues when using dreamweaver/frontpage Templates should be resoved as so many users of the product hit these problems time and time again.

I got the email advertising the Template Pack 5 for Webstyle 4 owners this morning. I contacted support because it was not giving me the discount. Support immediately contacted me and replied with a solution to my problem. I was able to download the new Template Pack and also received the discount.

It is easy for someone to post a negative comment but it does take a little effort and time to post a positive comment and be thankful for the excellent support. I design using Dreamweaver and mostly use the navigation bars and menus in Webstyle 4.*This has worked very well for me.*

I would recommend the product.

I have been using webstyle since it was called WEBSTER 2. The product IS great for what it does and I would always recommend it for that reason.

However, some problems have been in the product since the start and have not been properly resolved. I've worked with and supported over 30/40 products over the last 18 years from mainframes through to Unix and PC based products and resolving common problems is key to customer satisfaction. Modular software should be relative easy to fix and post an update. A better solution is cumulative service packs available via the updates button.

I have no issue with problems I am aware of and simply work around them. But for a product to retain a quality edge, these issues should be fixed for the benefit of others. Therefore, before embarking on a re-styled product (e.g. webstyle 5) with extra gizmos and the like, existing problems SHOULD be addressed first. If I was new to webstyle and visited the forums for the first time I would be disappointed at the repeated problems people report (i.e. the same problems). All of us want to improve the product and to do so people should make their views known, but preferably in a constructive manner!