Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: rotated text?

rotated text?

Hi All

For some reason when I type text in X3 it is rotated 270 deg by defult.

Is there a way I can get it back to 0 deg by defult

hope this makes sense

It's doing me ed in

mamos
    IP

Default Re: rotated text?

When no text is selected (and this doesn't work in X3 only 12 and perhaps previous versions,) you can select your text direction. Choose form the Menu Bar: Text/Format Text/ then choose the paragraph tab, at the bottom left is a button to choose your text direction, you must do this to correct the direction because currently vertical text it is set as your default, click this back from vertical to horizontal. The dialogue box will pop up asking if you want to change the default for paragraph or artistic text. You can choose one or the other or both. The reason you do not want to have the text tool selected is because so long as it is selected or you have text selected, you will not be able to change the default setting.

If this is a problem with X3, the direction is grayed out on mine, I cannot reproduce the problem. It tells you how to do it in the help menu based on a format box which is not in X3, so I am assuming it is available on Asian versions of DRAW, not English ones. There are buttons available to pull out to change from one to the other but in the English version I have, they are blank and have no function.

If you are working in X3 then I'd reboot holding down F8, however I don't like to do this unless all customization settings have been saved.
    Last edited by sallybode; 23 June 2006 at 04:57 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: rotated text?

Thanks Sally

I wasted a good hour looking for a solution but found none so I did a system restore to the day before and it sorted it out.

I don't like it when things change without me prompting them but it is all sorted now

Thanks for trying Sally

mamos
    IP