Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im new

Default Re: Im new

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    It's really necessary to know CSS and JavaScript also, to develop good web sites.
    Remi
    Why is this?
    (At the moment I disagree)
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Personaly I think you can only know HTML and CSS. Javascript is not a must. I don't like using Javascript. I prefer flash. Every browser compatible, can use any font, can use dynamic content you name it....

Hmmm... very interesting topic...

I think we need to first define just what we would deem as pro...

1) If you wish to work with some established web design outfit, then yes, you will be required to be fluent with.... large list

2) If you wish to freelance, then it really is all about offering as much as your competition at slightly better rates... same list comes into focus as was described in 1)... larger list is better

This said, it really comes down to just what is required by the client...

As a freelancer, you are perhaps also the main sales person... and... you are able to find local niche markets, whereby simple 3-5 page sites are all that is required... in which case, good grfx skills, and html alone, just might get you in the door ... (crosses fingers, holds breath )

Seriously though, I would have to agree that 1) and 2) mostly apply these days, if you are thinking of going pro... large list, strong grfx skills a must