Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Q:WinXP Users, will Xara stop being "sold" and be all OpenSource for Win soon?

Charles, I think, one of the most asked features for a 'premium' version here in the forum is a better Colour Management for those designers, who needs to print their work in CMYK mode or have to import/export CMYK images.

I have still a few further points on my wish list:
    • PDF-Import
    • Multipage support together with an enhanced text engine (paragraph and character styles, tabulators, text wrap, text flow from one textframe to another textframe)
    • Scripting (JavaScript)
    • Export Images in Slices should'nt create HTML code with <table>-tags, but with <div>-tags. Creating Webpages with complex table-layouts is no longer up-to-date.
    • The same point with the button tool.
    • Gradient Mesh Fills
    • Functions to create 3D-effects

With you I stand in hope that some of the points are faster realized than expected by the growing community of developers.

Regards,
    Remi

Default Re: Q:WinXP Users, will Xara stop being "sold" and be all OpenSource for Win soon?

Thank you very much for the answer mr. Charles,
    And i must say i have high hopes for xara xtreme and look forward to all of the enhancements that remi has posted just above me, i couldn't agree more with text engine ehancement, import of pdf, and web related stuff.. but also i think that the most thing that i want is the new features that people don't ask for. I mean you've stated that you were the pioneers of some technologies that other software makers copied from xara, so i look forward to xara coming back with something evolutionary again, or revolutionary
    Who knows what the future will bring in the drawing software business

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
    Xara XS is a cut-down version of Xara Xtreme...
    Thanks, Charles. I've passed the info on.

Allison