Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing Xara 3D project into another

Is it possible to import one Xara 3D product into another Xara 3D project? For instance, I produced a (relatively) acceptable world globe as a separate project, but it can only be saved as a Xara project or exported in one of the animation formats. But I want to use that globe in the other Xara project, which is the text part of a logo. I tried a simple copy/paste but that did not work. And going through a work flow involving exporting the globe to an animated GIF, then opening the GIF in Xtreme to convert it to a format which can be read by Xara 3D seems klutzy. The trace of the map in Xtreme also degrades the quality of the globe to the point of being unusable. I am sure there must be a way of blending two separate Xara 3D projects, but can find no help on this in the manual. But it just does not seem logical that two separate images produced by the same program cannot be blended in that same program.

Default Re: Importing Xara 3D project into another

Hi Ken,

There isn't a way to import one Xara3D project into another, that I am aware of.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for that. So you think the only way to do what I want to, is to follow the procedure I described as 'klutzy' i.e. exporting one project, processing it through Xtreme and then bringing that back in to Xara 3D...?

Depending on what your are wanting to do, it may be better to create your globe and export it from Xara3D. Create your text in Xara3D and export. Then import both into Xara Xtreme and combine the two and export as animated gif directly from Xtreme.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Duh! Why didn't I think of that??? I guess I have been fixated on getting Xara 3D to work, so I have not really focussed on the abilities of Xtreme, which I have only just acquired...

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Depending on what your are wanting to do, it may be better to create your globe and export it from Xara3D. Create your text in Xara3D and export. Then import both into Xara Xtreme and combine the two and export as animated gif directly from Xtreme.
    Hmm thanks for telling about that possiblity didn`t know I could
    import animated gif`s into xara xtreme, and export them again.

well I found out I couldn`t import two seperate animated gif`s
    to combine them for one replaces the other.(or can it, and I just
    haven`t figured out how yet?)

But my real question is, can you like make a text and
    simultaniously import that text in all the frames at ones?

Thanks in advance.
    be aware, not to become a ware.