Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: mY SITE CRITS

Default mY SITE CRITS

Any constructive crits appreciated.This is a wysiwyg site.Thanks.

Default Re: mY SITE CRITS

Not sure about asking for donations on a business site Rudy
    Last edited by parahandy; 14 June 2006 at 06:38 PM.

Dangit! Thanks. Sometimes my previous website url sneaks in automatically.This should work.Thanks again.

1- FRAME: site killer method, this isn't help you especially with SE
    2- Gallery Links: open in new window

Sorry i dont understand.Can you be more elaborative/

He means that search engines can't read a menu made with a frame, their crawlers can't read the text.
    Some thoughts about your site:
    Whats the difference between acrylic and pastel? Is one cheaper than the other?
    Do you include a frame with the painting
    Do you offer paintings in different sizes? Maybe different prices? Maybe I'm really cheap and only wanna spend $100 on the girlfriends painting?
    On the plus side, I like the flash animation, mostly because it loads quickly. Remember that search engines can't read text on flash animations either.

Hope this helps
    Mike

Nice use of Anim FX
    Shame it only has no choice of fonts tho ...

Yes its anim fx.

as far as paintings, actually my painting has taken a huge leap forward.you cant tell cause the latest paintings ive done are by request of commssioner not to be shown on the net, but i have become more realist in my approach.
    Though only because many people like realism. i myself dont care for realism.I enjoy when an artist gives me an 'interpretation". I think interpretations are more fun.

As far a s your price question. materials are relatively inexpensive though i use quality stretched canvases and pastel paper from France .

Its the time invested. i dont mind spending time on a painting because the way i look at it.Im getting paid to do something i would normally do anyway.

But the reason i charge is because this way i get the 'right" to paint a portrait.

Whereas with images of the net and pictures from my camera, I always feel like i dont have the right to paint those because i have not been given consent.

Its costs me about $25 bucs to ship a stretched canvas painting maybe $30.

So I could do a 16 by 20 inch painting on stretched canvas for about a hundred. bear in mind it takes me several days to do one. I do not release the painting until i have been assured by several online communities of art that it a "seller". My wife also gives me criticism.

I guarantee, you will be happy with a painting from me. I will do it for $105
    on stretched canvas and ship it safely to you. All I need is a good jpeg of the lady in question. Prefereably one with good detail. i will then do a selection in a digital program and print a photocopy which I will use as a reference to begin my painting journey.

I only do 2 or 3 paintings a week. At present i have room for two paintings since i am only working on one.

Wait till ya see what im doing. a lady requested i do her with Elvis presley.

My sketch came out really well and now im on my first layer.

Anyway. Contact me at 3dheaven@comcast.net or at my website paintmenow.com

By the way.16 by 20 canvas is a big canvas.