Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xtreme Autosave ??

Huh! Just noticed that I posted to that "Saver" thread. I must be getting old, the memory's not what it used to be. Still, it was over 2 years ago!

Yes, "Saver" works well. I'll have to download it and start using it again.
    Last edited by stratocast; 14 June 2006 at 01:41 PM.
    -- Bob

OK,
    I am trying to get Saver working and I just cannot get it to play properly on my Win2000 system.

It downloaded and installed OK. I have an icon and it brings up the Saver box and I've got Xara in the Application window title. I have not changed the middle entry. I put 1 minute in the time entry.

Now when I start a new xtreme file it comes up as "untitled1.xar" then without doing anything else Saver will bring up a save "untitled1" as box. I can save it as that or change it and it will save that but nothing subsequently. putting in more drawing or simply waiting does not seem to have any effect.

Some people seem to have got it working with this setup. Can someone please tell me how?

I assume that it should overwrite a current file under the same name at the specified time interval or am I missing the point here somewhere? Not that that is so unlikely.

What is the magic spell?

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    Gerry Iles offered this solution in this thread:
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...t=backup+files

"To avoid this problem you can either use "Save As" to avoid overwriting your previous version or you can enable the creation of a backup file when overwriting by changing the MakeBakFiles registry value in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XaraXtreme\Options \Filters

...to the value 1.

Note: editing the registry can be dangerous so be very careful if you do this."
    This is the second time I accidently hit save instead of save as. Aaargh!!!
    This morning I accidently overwrote a file and have had to spend a couple of hours recreating it.
    But thanks to Judi A for the heads up on the registry hack to create back up files I should be able to avoid redoing work in the future.
    Very Much appreciated.