Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow resizing in Xara3D6?

Hey everyone,
    I'm trying to make an 88x31 button but the smallest size is 10pt which gives me 85x45....the width can be extended to 88 but the smallest height for borders is 45.
    I cropped it using the user define option when I save the file but it's just not right....any suggestions?

Default Re: resizing in Xara3D6?

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Please provide some more detail about what you are wanting to do. By button are you referring to a Xara3D button with text on it, or are you creating your own button shape? There are several ways to do almost anything with Xara products, so as much specific information about what you want to do will help determine how to answer your question.

If possible provide a screen shot. Pictures can save many words or something to that effect
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Hello, welcome to the forum.

Please provide some more detail about what you are wanting to do. By button are you referring to a Xara3D button with text on it, or are you creating your own button shape? There are several ways to do almost anything with Xara products, so as much specific information about what you want to do will help determine how to answer your question.

If possible provide a screen shot. Pictures can save many words or something to that effect
    Soquili, I just want to say quickly that I have been using Xara3D6 for over 5 months now and going through this forum for the first time and seeing the amazing things you guys are doing with this software....WOW!

To answer your question I am using a sample button and the best way to view it is here : http://home.comcast.net/~pe3k/85x45banner.gif
    any advise would be good advise because you guys are A+ with this software
    Thanks

Hi Zabon,

I see what you need. I need to figure out how to do it, my initial experimentations are too small. I should have something ready in a few hours at most.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Try as I may, I cannot accomplish an 88 x 31 object within Xara3D alone.

Exporting the animation at a larger size and importing into Xara Xtreme, then editing the individual frames can produce the size you specified.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Talking Re: resizing in Xara3D6?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Try as I may, I cannot accomplish an 88 x 31 object within Xara3D alone.

Exporting the animation at a larger size and importing into Xara Xtreme, then editing the individual frames can produce the size you specified.
    Thanks bill, I appreciate the effort and I look forward to utilizing every aspect of this software ....it's good to know your there for support.

many thanks,
    Paul