Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ofset for linked colors

hi list again
    I would like to have a "master color" and have a slave color that has a relation to the master color. So that are the linked/ tint/shade functions for. But I cant figure it out (dont no if possible) how I give a ofset for a parameter in the hsv color system to the slave color. Example: The master color should have a H-Value of 290 and the slave of 280. If I change the master to 250 the slave should have 240. Is this somhow possible or is there an other way to do this.
    Thanks for any hints
    nos
    IP

Default Re: ofset for linked colors

Sorry, not currently. You can currently only use tints or shades as linkage, or inherit any of the HSV values (or other components) exactly as is (not an altered version thereof). Is there a practical application for this feature?

Alex
    IP

yes. I use xaralx for webdesign. I the design I do group all colors. So there my is a group base:light-blue(maincolor of the page), text_normal:black, text_link:blue, text_hover:dark-blue, hightlight:light-green

As example for the hover of a link I use xaras linkcolor feature cause I want that the color is lighter or darker.

But how do I get a link to the "hightlight" color? The goal could be to allow a shifting value for the linked H-Variable

If there is an other sloution please let me know.
    nos
    IP

I am presuming you want the highlight colour to have a different hue.

I think you just keep the base highlight colour as a separate colour (or, if you prefer, inherit the S & V components from either the base colour, or a linked lighter version of the base colour).

While the highlight colour would have a different hue, I can't think of a logical or artistic reason why you would want it to be (say) a constant +20 degrees around the hue circle from the base colour. I think you'd want to determine this yourself. Perhaps that's just me.
    IP

the reason is that I could change the H-Value of all colors be changing the value of the basecolor and make easyly new colorsheme. Otherwise one have to adust all colors of a colosmehe manualy that dont use the same H-Value . . ..
    IP

Just use a hierachy of linked colours, with the ones with different hues at the top. Alternatively, just inherit everything except "H".
    IP