Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Installing Fonts from CD

I am brand new to this Forum and have only today received my Xara 3D installation disc. The disc cover indicates that there are 65 True Type fonts included. However, the manual gives no indication on how to install them. The Xara 3D Help indicates that five are installed with the program, but merely indicates that a further 60 are on the disc. However, again there is no indication on how to install these. I have also gone to the Xara Knowledge Base, but can find nothing on this. Inspecting the CD shows no Font folder which (normally) could be copied direct to the Windows font folder... So I would appreciate any advice on this point.

Default Re: Installing Fonts from CD

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum.

To install fonts, open Control Panel. Double click on the Fonts Icon.

When the Fonts Window opens, click on the File menu and select "Install new fonts". Use the dialog that open to navigate to the folder with the fonts you want to install.

Almost forgot to show how to get to Control Panel (just in the event you are not familiar with it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonts.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	26582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startmenu.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	26590  

Last edited by Soquili; 09 June 2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for replying. I had already done what you suggested, but when I pointed Add Fonts to the Xara 3D disc, it could not detect any fonts. And I had already looked at the disc structure in My Computer, and also could not detect any distinct Fonts folder on the disc. I have even attempted to look in the Cab files in the Xara 3D set up folder on the disc. With every other installation program, I can look at the Cab files using WinRAR, but on this disc I get the response 'either unknown format or corrupt file'. So I am stumped.

If you installed Xara3D to the default location (your C: drive Programs Folder) look at:
    Program Files/Xara/Xara3D6/Fonts

There are 65 of them in the folder on my hard drive.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks enormously for that. Now, of course, I feel like a complete goose for not having gone to the installed files immediately. I thought it would be more plain on the disc itself. At least now with that out of the way, I can go on and read the other threads on this Board with a free mind -- and great anticipation.