Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Lightbulb Re: instances in xara?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
    SVG is hardly supported by browsers or many programs

It might be a future development thing for Xara LX to import SVG and do a lot of things, but I think they just started on their Linux implementation and this is going to take some time.

My advice is not to compare XaraLX and Inkscape as I'm sure it will raise the eyebrows and perhaps ire of the Xara programmers.
    SVG is supported at least to some usable extent in both Firefox and Opera and there's a plug-in for Internet Explorer by both Adobe and Corel.
    Want some programs that support it? Other major vector apps, like Illustrator and CorelDraw support it quite well, afaik. So it would be pretty cool if Xara joined them . Nobody says it has to be done tonight (else it's probably just a troll).

The reason why many people compare Xara LX and Inkscape is that devs can try it out in a couple of minutes in Inkscape and see the difference, they don't have to pay anything for it and most of them probably has it installed anyway. They can even have a look at Inkscape's source code and see if it helps in any way (might not, depends on the code and part of the program part).
    Some of them might not like it, especially after the n-th time someone brings it up, but that's one thing you have to have with end users - patience

Just something I thought you might want to know
    Last edited by Slapo; 19 June 2006 at 02:14 PM.
    IP