I was just explain my point of view, not sayng that I'm the lord of truth, if a moderator told you this, great, thanks for the advise, don't make this too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
No offense, but I've noticed several LX users mentioning Inkscape can do this or do that.

I have Inkscape and it is a neat program, but doesn't have nearly all the power that the Windows Xara Xtreme does. Plus the fact that SVG is hardly supported by browsers or many programs.

It might be a future development thing for Xara LX to import SVG and do a lot of things, but I think they just started on their Linux implementation and this is going to take some time.

The idea behind the Xara LX was to make it open source so that programmers of all kinds could add features they feel that is necessary.

Also, said by Xara on their Website is that some of the features accomplished in Xara LX will be done in future Windows Versions.

It may take awhile for the Linux version to catch up. But after it has caught up, it may well pass the Windows versions with features implemented by other programmers.

My advice is not to compare XaraLX and Inkscape as I'm sure it will raise the eyebrows and perhaps ire of the Xara programmers.