Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Logo Competition - $200

last little change, and I leave it at that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	challenge 3(small).JPG 
Views:	495 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	26546  
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Here's a design. In a way, simular to your original. This one is inviting the new kid to the group.

It's more of an illustration than a logo, but the graphic in the back - the lettering and the egg - can be used as a simple logo.

Name:	motherhen01.png 
Views:	486 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	26556  
    Last edited by Bob Hahn; 08 June 2006 at 10:29 PM.
    •Bob
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn
    Here's a design. In a way, simular to your original. This one is inviting the new kid to the group.

It's more of an illustration than a logo, but the graphic in the back - the lettering and the egg - can be used as a simple logo.
    really nice one again Bob, I love your cartoonstyle.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

A couple of ideas, Ray. I just know that you are going to say, "The second one is chocolate brown--no go!" But I left it like that for the sake of contrast. Maybe something of these two will be interesting to you.

Name:	MHD Logo01.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	26557  
    IP

Rather than comment on each design, I suggest waiting for a few days and then make your comments at once. Commenting on each design (Drifter's is my favorite, by the way ) becomes too disruptive.

Gary
    IP

Great submissions! Drifter made me hungry so I had to stop for dinner. Here is some more feedback...

ankhor
    • I know it's not your thing, but it's not really working for me, looks too much like carefully arranged spheres... my wife liked the new arrangement better though.
    ZEBtoonz
    • You called it. No-go on the chocolate hen.
    • The the wing position for the first hen looks more like an angel then a hen, and the circular form looks a bit too much like an official seal of some sort.
    • I did like the fact that you are proposing forms that can easily be represented in a logo, and the color palettes looked nice as well (minus the brown hen).
    Bob Hahn
    • Amazing! I was stunned when I saw this submission. In fact, my wife and I have been studying it a bit, and we glimpse a new aspect of what we like each time we look at it. I think you really understood what we are trying to portray. The hen looks young (but not too young) and sassy (but not too wild). Different age groups are represented, and you gotta love the pony tail. Good stuff.
    • We also like the fact that there is future potential to develop the characters further if we want to have themed forms, field trips, special advertisements, or decorated areas of the daycare.
    • The biggest problem is what you already mentioned... it's kind of tough to make a logo out of it. I don't think the egg is a strong enough visual reference to the "mother hen" image. Left us wondering how to translate this theme into a logo.
    Last edited by raycardillo; 09 June 2006 at 12:17 AM.
    IP

Gary, I'll hold off on feedback for a couple days if that's the preference. I was doing it mainly so that future submissions could begin to hone in on new designs by understanding what is working and what is not working. In the end, the same amount of content would be in the forum because I would feel obligated to respond to each submission since the designer took their own time to submit. If I submit privately, then the other participants would miss the feedback.

Anyway, I understand that it might be getting annoying to some people also, but I happened to be parked in front of my computer today so I felt compelled. I'll hold off on providing any more feedback in the forum until Sunday, June 11, unless otherwise instructed. If any designers want private feedback sooner than that, I would be happy to provide it upon request.

Thanks again for all the great submissions!
    Last edited by raycardillo; 08 June 2006 at 11:49 PM.
    IP

Here's more of a logo type image - using the same graphics from the first illustration.

Name:	motherhen02.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	26569  
    Last edited by Bob Hahn; 09 June 2006 at 02:52 AM.
    •Bob
    IP

OK..primary colors (good for kids).

Helen

Name:	logocontest02.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	26563  
    IP

Very new to this, so please let me know what you think.

Name:	motherhen.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	26568  
    All my talent comes from Him above.
    IP