Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello gentlemen ... and ladies. I humbly ask your assistance and guidance in evaluating my un-inspired efforts toward this project. I can't seem to get excited about it ... my creative juices have dried up.

Logo for junior disc golf foundation www.jdgf.org which raises money through tournaments to give scholarships to participants.

Pat me on the back ... rip it to shreds ... or point me in a totally different direction. Just be yourself ... honestly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpdg.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	14055  

Hello gentlemen ... and ladies. I humbly ask your assistance and guidance in evaluating my un-inspired efforts toward this project. I can't seem to get excited about it ... my creative juices have dried up.

Logo for junior disc golf foundation www.jdgf.org which raises money through tournaments to give scholarships to participants.

Pat me on the back ... rip it to shreds ... or point me in a totally different direction. Just be yourself ... honestly!

that is a hard one Ed... gimme a while to think and maybe I can come up with something. These look too... ummmm... Like drawings, not logos...

Maybe just the disk and the net. with the disk as the background and the words around the outside?

Logos, do enough of them and they start looking like alphabet soup.
    When unsure, Google it! I typed in disc golf and looked at what others are using. The first site on the list looked like a modified NBA logo. The next looked like a Nike ripoff. See the trend? Maybe you could modify something familiar. Just don't be to obvious.
    OK, I'm not being helpful...

For what its worth I feel that there are three main objects to look at which are waiting in a queue to be looked at.
    The figure and the net(?) should be closer together, the JDGF above, below or behind to tie them together perhaps and then the wording could be anywhere that looks good once the main three elements are functioning together.
    Whatever the solution you come up with, there's always a better one which occurs the day after its gone to print. Thats what makes logo design interesting.

derek

Derek

Hey Ed,

My thought would be to remove the figure, make a larger logo of the net and instead of a disc going to it, make it a graduation hat. Or just what you have now, just remove the figure and where the disc is, make it a graduation hat.

-Bob.
    •Bob

Thank you gentlemen ... your comments and suggestions are well received. Here are revisions based on some of them.

Name:	JDGF2.JPG 
Views:	350 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	3012  

Ed,

I think #7 is very eye catching. I like the movement.

Mickie

Hi Ed,

I think #7 is the best so far. The disk (Background)on #8 is too complex to make a good logo.

Hi Ed,

I hope you don't mind but I took your design and just changed the layout. Just to show what I saw in your design.

-Bob.

Name:	jdgf_example.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	5248  
    •Bob