Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rounded Corners

Default Rounded Corners

I'm with some problemas and I dont know if this inssue happens because its not complete or because my lack of experience.
    I drew a simple retangle and make the edges rounded, but i dont found anything to block the rounded style to not change when I strain or compress that retangle, any suggestion?
    IP

Default Re: Rounded Corners

Andreh

The rectangle will compress the rounded corners when you compress / scale it. The solution is to convert the rectangle to Editable Shape (In the Arrange drop down menu) You can now use the shape editor tool to select the nodes (say all those on the right hand side) and move them either by Ctrl dragging or with the arrow keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	1205 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	26459  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 June 2006 at 12:18 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

it's easy

sorry my english

1. Shift+F3 (Rectangle tool)
    2. Draw a rectangle
    3. curved corners

look at picture ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.png 
Views:	1258 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	26454  
    IP

There's a rough tutorial here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Woww... I don't believe that a aplication like these don't have this opition, it's remembering me the C*rel one XD , hey programmers that a look at the inkscape method it's simple and solve the problem.
    Last edited by Andreh; 07 June 2006 at 08:34 PM.
    IP

what can be simpler than what egg states? AND it's editable - you don't have to do all corners - just one or some
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Andreh,

What's the problem? The whole operation takes a matter of seconds. If you want to see a hard way, look here
    Egg

IP

@egg: As far as I see (I don't no xara for more than some days) the problem is that it isnt possible to resize the rounded corners after converting them to editable shapes. In Inkscape there is an option for choosing "scale corners" yes/no and "scale outline" yes/no. This is a very handy feature.
    IP

Hi Andreh,

The inability to lock the aspect ratio of corners when squashing rectangles (or other objects) has been something that Xtreme users have wanted for a long time!

People have worked around it in various clever ways but we recognise that it would be a good feature to have and is exactly the kind of thing that prompted us to make Xara LX open source.

If you're interested in adding a "Scale corners" option to Xara LX, please head on over to www.xaralx.org and get involved in the development effort.

BTW, noskule: There is a "Scale linewidths" option on the Selector tool's Infobar.

Phil
    IP

It's not my area PhilM, I'm a designer not a programmer, all I can do is give some ideas and I have some other to give, wait and you will see ^^

PS: IF a programmer use any of my suggestions please remember me on the credits ^^ good luck
    IP