Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rounded Corners

Default Re: Rounded Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
    I'm not sure toggling the button would be good - because toggling usually implies back and forth to where they just started from.

However I think it would be preferable to make it so that rounded corners always remains rounded no matter how you squash or stretch the rectangle. If they really want to stretch the rounded corners as well, then Convert to Shapes first.
    Something that could be useful could be an option to manipulate the corner vertices independently but symmetrically about all corners of the object e.g. by holding shift while dragging a vertex etc. This would allow for manual control of the aspect ratio. An option somewhere to allow a square aspect ratio to be applied/toggled would allow maximum user control.
    IP

. .. ..allow maximum user control. .. ..
    also there seams no way to numerical definition of the radius (eg 5mm) . ..
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Andreh,

What's the problem? The whole operation takes a matter of seconds. If you want to see a hard way, look here
    Thanks, man. That Photoshop demo says it all: Adobe isn't too interested in doing simple things in a simple way. Maybe in Illustrator things would be simpler?

frank
    IP

This is a very common problem related to rectangle converted onto curves or distorted rectangles. But it can be resolved very easily if you follow some simple instructions or method already provided woth coreldraw. Visit the below link to find how to solve this problem and to know how you can create rounded coreners to an curved object...

http://advancetechnology.today.com/2...-coreldraw-x4/
    IP

I don't know, am I the only one that can do this. Maybe there is a fluke in my machine but I can do this in both xtreame and X W D. I am including an image to show that I have both pulled and extended a rounded square with no distortion. Using the rectangle tool I just have to grap the external handels on the four corners and do as I wish.

If I am the only person that can do this because of some fluke, all I can say is WOW, great for me..........to bad for the rest of you suckers....................frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rounded corners.gif 
Views:	796 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	58754  
    IP

Frank the Linux version (XaraLX) is similar to Xtreme 2.0 for Windows although missing some features.

Your machine is working normally and so is the Linux version without the ability to resize and retain curvature.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Oh great, thanks for ruining my day Bill. Here I was thinking that the heavens were finally smiling on me for the first time this year and you gotta go deflate my balloon. Oh well, in a few more weeks once the snow melts, I may be able to go into the garden and eat worms...............frank
    IP

Sorry about deflating your balloon Frank.

Do you eat your worms with or without scrambled eggs?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP