Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post June 2006!!!

Gary

That's my problem with that image is the fact that in a time when the American soldiers are being investigated for all manner of slayings of innocent Iraqis, especially in Haditha (I don't know if got that news in the American Media, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc.), that something so political and so obviously properganda is posted on here as an excuse for graphics.

And IMHO, of course the girl would be scared ... what 5-6-7 year old girl would be scared of a stranger especially when they're a different skins colour with lots of equipment making them look like a giant robot and erm. No wonder her face is blurred ... if it was a close up of her face you'd actually probably be able to read the emotion.

I can't remember who said it but I believe it was an American (oh, the irony) ... the first casulty of war is the truth ....

How would people feel if I painted a picture of the slaughter of children and women at Haditha on here? You would be outraged, and rightly so in my opinion - and no patrotism isn't an excuse!

If you want something with humanity in it to do with the middle east and war check out the short film which was nominated for an oscar, you can watch it on line at the site as well, 100x better than this American slanted piece of sacorine;

Little Terrorist

For further information about American's killing innocents see here;

BBC Coverage of Haditha Unless You Missed The News

Graphics should be about creation, war destroys, art about war seem like such an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvek
    Logo Kid -> Sorry for wrong impression but I understand that the picture itself is not enough. It belongs to a story that is definitely against war.
    Well I totally believe that, I think most soldiers are against war, especially
    since they have to do the dying, if they are unfortunate, well the memories
    won`t be a picknick either, I guess.Luckily no wars when I was drafted.
    Ankhor -> Tasty but there's no need for so much cream
    You can`t have enough cream, and it has no filling, so I had to compensate.
    I have to try a cup of coffee next (not starbuck cups, but real coffeecups
    now lets see what plugin`s can come in handy with that. )
    , or a glas of coke. I have to ask seagul for the bubbles ofcourse with so many bubbles I need some help, luckily Gary already did the tutorial on the ice cubes, lets see if I can get some subliminals in.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I wanted to finally post in a Stop & Post. It's a great idea to have a monthly what's up. I got really discouraged when I saw what started happening and almost didn't post.

I do have to say that's an unfortunate rant Logo Kid!

I have two brothers in the Marine Corp, one engaged to an awesome woman who happens to be Muslim. I know they don't feel as you. Besides, is that an American soldier? Or even an Iraqi girl? Where's his weapon? Perhaps he's a medic. I see an adult helping a child.

I really like TalkGraphics and have learned a great deal by watching and learning from some very talented designers. Everyone here has there own opinion about the world and can probably fight over any number of issues. I enjoy this forum because we can come together as designers and learn from each other. You can get ticked about something, but lets keep it civil and build each other up, not tear each other down or turn someone off from posting because they fear retribution.

With that said, I though I would share a simple logo design I did for a friend.

Enjoy your week everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TR02.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	26392  

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Okay who ordered the coffee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee with spoon(small).JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	26399  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    This is a pretty large stereogram so I am going to link to it. It is called
    Love Letters
    I don`t get those stereograms, for some reason I can never see them.
    Could be because I have diminished colour recognition.
    Last edited by ankhor; 05 June 2006 at 09:52 PM.

wombat great logo and good words

ankhor - nice coffee - give it to norm, after all that whiskey, he'll need it
    -=Bob=-

Please, no more politics/rants. Future posts containing such - will be removed.

If some parties wish to debate this subject - use PMs. This thread and the forum is a graphics one.

Thanks Risto. Not another peep from me Boss. I just want to enjoy the creative side of life!

Thanks for the compliment Bob. I want to post more of my work in the future. Love how your Drawing of Some Tools thread has grown so much. It's HUGE and it just seems to keep growing! Couldn't they just start a forum just for you.

As for the coffee, Ankor, make mine a half caf double decaf with half and half light on the sugar free chocolate sprinkles!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint
    Please, no more politics/rants. Future posts containing such - will be removed.
    I quite agree Risto ... as long as that includes images / designs / graphics that are likely to offend as well in the current difficult polictical climete ... these are difficult times ... as I said it's much better to create!

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Kid
    I quite agree Risto ... as long as that includes images / designs / graphics that are likely to offend as well in the current difficult polictical climete ... these are difficult times ... as I said it's much better to create!
    There are moderators assigned to this forum - if they deem something offensive - they will remove it. If a member has an objection to a post or image, please use the "report bad post button" (the red triangle) and it will be looked at - and removed if necessary. There's nothing to debate in the threads themselves.