Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wine_Glass

Default Re: Wine_Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    Made my head spin too since I have set my computer up to centimeters. Strange, I was asking the exact same question in the last post, but took it out after thinking for a second or two. When saving to jpg or gif, use the export command under file and a window pops up. Give the drawing, click export and another window pops up with the importans stuff. Click on the tag bitmap size and then I resize just the width, usually to 500 pixels and the hight changes automatically. The attached image which my daughter is drawing for this very forum to embarasse her old man is 795 x 612 pixels but has been resize too 500....the 612 automatically scales to the right size. If this is the right answer and I think it is, you owe me a drink Popeye. Make mine water if you don't mind but try to drain the potatoes out first so I don't choke. Later guy
    Well actually that is exactly how I do it. And with the xara picture editor
    you even see the resize, very handy.(So you get no drinks from me )
    So basically, what I understand of it from egg`s post below(now above), is
    that it is a height thing, for I was lookin at 2-cents latest post and it said
    471-567 so shouldn`t that be the correct size for both are below the 600
    threshold (threshold an excellent series by the way on TV, okay I am babbling) ?
    be aware, not to become a ware.

No, it's a width thing. A lot of post they have images that are too large and I have to scroll the screen left to right to not only see the image but also to read the text. Not very interesting.

I don't use egg's or gary's pixel technique, have my computer set up to a metric scale which makes sense to me. When drawing something for myself, maybe a plan for a sign or a table, pixels mean absolutly nothing but if the units are set to metric or inches, than I can relate to it. Someday if I can truely understand what a pixel is and how it relates to paper size, metic and imperial measurements than maybe I will change to program to it's original settings but for now I like it the way it is. That's why my technique works really good for me. I have been using it for years and years now for my web site and whenever sending pictures over the email. I find 500 pixels a perfect size for an email picture and for the site I use thumbnails af around 250 for faster downloads which you can click on for a 500 pixell image size for better detail, your choice; all compressed since I remember my roots with a dial up connection
    .............frank

2-Cents,

I like the wine glasses, Xara is great software... I am new to it, but I have been involved in graphics since the late '80.

Back in the 40's; if someone asked you for money when you were broke, you would normally reply "I'm sorry, I don't have a dime to my name". Tell your wife that 2-Cents is as spooky as Jason3283. When you get down to only 2-Cents to your name, now that is spooky...

I created the attached image with Xtreme... I am still attempting to gain a working knowledge of Xara Xtreme... I'm starting to getting the hang of it, but I have a long ways to go to be able to use it, as you do. :-)

George...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2cents.gif 
Views:	301 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	26503  
    Last edited by laser1; 08 June 2006 at 01:27 PM.